The enclosure Roundup :)

Closely moderated reviews by forum members willing to share their experience and accept stiff peer review. Open only to registered forum members.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

nici

Post by nici » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:18 am

The ones that tighten the shiny bits. Two screws per rectangular shiny bit. The shiny bits are srewed between the enclosure and the case :mrgreen:

fyleow

Post by fyleow » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:02 am

nici wrote:The ones that tighten the shiny bits. Two screws per rectangular shiny bit. The shiny bits are srewed between the enclosure and the case :mrgreen:
I took a look at it and tightened it a bit. Is the way you mount the Scythe the same as the screenshot iin the first post? You have the screws not screwed in tightly so there's no actual contact between the enclosure and the case.

I think that might reduce vibration but I can't do that since the P180 5.25 are slide bays only. The sliding mount system makes full contact with all 4 of the metal mounting brackets on the Scythe enclosure :(

nici

Post by nici » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:02 pm

What i meant was tighten the mounting brackets to the enclosure. Otherwise the head of the screw might touch the metal on the mounting brackets(=the shiny rectangular bits). There are six screws on the bracket, tighten the two in the middle very tight. Not absurdly incredibly pop your head tight, but tight enough :wink:

fyleow

Post by fyleow » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:58 pm

nici wrote:What i meant was tighten the mounting brackets to the enclosure. Otherwise the head of the screw might touch the metal on the mounting brackets(=the shiny rectangular bits). There are six screws on the bracket, tighten the two in the middle very tight. Not absurdly incredibly pop your head tight, but tight enough :wink:
Ah I see what you mean now. I tightened it up a little so the screws won't touch against the mounting brackets now. I think the preceived increase in seek noise is just due to the idle noise being lower. But now my computer is inaudible around 1 meter away (where I sleep) so I have achieved my goal.