I'm a bit of a Logitech mouse fan, while I've used other brands I always come back to them. Today I modded the mouse buttons on my M500 to lessen the excessive force required and loud noise.
To reach the screws that hold the cover together I had to remove the black feet.
Once in I decided to cut some of the frame to ease acess to the switches.
The procedure here is no different from other mice, you reduce the amout of play in the micro-switch by carefully bending a small metal part inside.
For the left clicker I ran into some problems, the tiny clip decided to come off and would stay put when I attempted to put it back on. The solution was flattening the entire clip somewhat and pushing down the curved part with a small screwdriver while holding it in place.
I took a long look at the side button switches and decided they weren't serviceable. I might try to replace the actual switches down the line as access is easy. The scroller with associated swithes had many parts, all probably very delicate and would need to have more than a few millimeters of plastic, that's part of the scroller assembly, removed just to reach the attachment screws. I didn't bother. However side-tilt switches which are part of the scroller were easily accessible, and would benefit from some thin pices of self-adhesive foam (no more than 0,5mm I'd guess) as the scroller bumps around a bit in Hyperscroll mode. I had none at hand :/
A ballast sits under your palm. I don't care much for it, just slows me down, so I removed it.
Re-assembled with new Steelseries GlideMS feet. The fit isnt perfect as they're sized for Microsft mice but this hasn't appeard to case any problems so far.
All in all I'm glad I did the mod, I already loved the stepless Hyperscroll for it's lack of noise as well as the overall feel of this mouse. The buttons required more force than any mouse I've used, at worst this could contribute to RSI. The original feet added lot of friction which oddly affected pointer precision, even after tuning speed and acceleration settings I would frequently miss buttons in dialog boxes and what not. What bothers me the most is that the mouse is in some ways not made to be serviceable, to remove the circuit board it looks like you'd have to destory the mouse. Bad news for the tinkerer and not environment-friendly