Any thoughts on ULI's M1695 chipset? Havent seen a post yet.

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Any thoughts on ULI's M1695 chipset? Havent seen a post yet.

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:29 pm

For one thing, in 2 variations of demo's given to ocworkbench and anandtech, the thing didnt even have a northbridge fan. or who even knows if it has a northbridge exactly.

There are two versions of this chipset on a board, one shows that it can be upgraded to M2 socket............ which is whacked out bigtime, and awesome as well.

for those that dont know of it, this chipset is as fast as nforce4 ultra yet is passively cooled, AND: runs pci-e single or sli and agp8x at full force. it is really a sick chipset, supposedly ASrock is the company thats going to make it big first. abit, gigabyte are also making boards, as is asus supposedly.

due out in 4-5 weeks supposedly. Could be the best spcr board out there in the long run. Just wonder if it sux down power or not. It really cannot though, as the demo's didnt have anything in terms of cooling. YET it was overclocked decently, still without fans on mobo besides cpu.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:43 pm

Ok, im getting the picture that no one has a clue as to what im talking about.

hm.

I guess there are only 2 websites that have any info or photo's on this chipset so maybe that's why.

I just get giddy at anything anti-nforce 4 and passive and cheaper and upgradable

jojo4u

Post by jojo4u » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:24 am

This chipset sounds quite interesting to me as well. nFIRE is a big no no for me. If anybody stumbles over a review, I'd be glad to have link posted here. Thanks!

rpsgc
Friend of SPCR

Post by rpsgc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:04 am

Anand's first look
t-break's take

Looks good. Let's see what are the big players' (Asus, MSI, etc) offerings!

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:29 am

Also most important distinction over looked... if you read the Asrock board, you will notice it advertises right on the board in white big letters Dual Core cpu.

see, now I have talked to asus, to gigabyte and to abit tech peoples. they wanr about going straight x2 core, they say it only works half of the time, and asus sometimes less than that. you need a 939 chip somewhere, which i dont have, that is single so you can flash the bios to dual core for it to post.

this board obviously has it on the first shot.

nifty nifty nifty x100

I would rather buy the asrock version to be honest, all other versions will be straight boards and cost more for no real reason besides firewire (useful) and gigabit network (which is near useless to most people)