Asrock Bios fan control is it equal on all models?

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Abula

Asrock Bios fan control is it equal on all models?

Post by Abula » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:00 am

Hi,

Im currently interested on trying out an Asrock motherboard, mostly to test how they are working with their Bios fan control, but i have a kinda hard question for owners, do all Skylake AsRock motherboards have the same bios fan control and limitations? For example for MSI is the same i have tested Z/H/B seriers and there is nothing different in the bios, aside from the smaller motherboards have less headers, but the control is practically the same, with the same options and restrictions. The thing with AsRock is that it has tons of options to chose from, and to me i would buy the cheapest if the bios fan control is the same, but i would spend higher cost mobos have more options and lower restrictions.

Currently im interested on
ASRock Z170M Extreme4 (the highest i could find on micro atx)
ASRock Z170M Pro4S (a little cheaper, not sure what the S stands for)
ASRock H170M Pro4S (cheaper, but not sure if it will have all the fetures on fan control being lower end model)
ASRock B150M Pro4 (even cheaper, but more worried it might have a worst bios fan control)
ASRock H110M COMBO-G (the cheapest of them all, and would be my pick if it has the same options os the Extreme4 on the bios fan control)

Thanks for any info or suggestions,

quest_for_silence

Re: Asrock Bios fan control is it equal on all models?

Post by quest_for_silence » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:30 am

Abula wrote:Thanks for any info or suggestions

I hope some current owner may answer you deeply.

AFAIK the difference between Pro and Pro S is minimal, probably a different VRM+heatsink (but compare them for a quick check), and in previous generations there were virtually no difference between the Extreme and Pro varieties, as well as between Z and H chipsets (I mean, with reference to fan control).

Fei

Post by Fei » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:58 am

Download the manuals and check the "Hardware Health Event Monitoring Screen" section.

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:01 am

Fei wrote:Download the manuals and check the "Hardware Health Event Monitoring Screen" section.
Thanks for the suggestion, but AsRock as other manufactures dont display much info on their manuals, specially details like the none autodetect headers are only PWM, and the CHA_FAN3 is a pure 12V none tweakable, etc. This are all things that manuals wont go into specifics, i was looking into more first hand feedback, but its alright, im already testing it myself.