Buy which Cisco Access Point for my Samll Business ?

Offloading HDDs and other functions to remote NAS or servers is increasingly popular
Sophiawood

Buy which Cisco Access Point for my Samll Business ?

Post by Sophiawood » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:29 pm

I have been using the Cisco 1941w security appliance as a firewall and have had issues with wireless connectivity. When I worked for a larger enterprise, we used controller based Cisco Aironet APs - anyone have experience with the AIR-CAP1602I-C-K9 Access Point or have other recommendations for a small business office (20 - 25 connections).

CA_Steve

Re: Buy which Cisco Access Point for my Samll Business ?

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 am

Welcome to SPCR. You might try smallnetbuilder's forums for a more focused answer.

Abula

Post by Abula » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:11 am

I have been using a couple of Ubiquity access points for a couple of years, and imo they are very good, it takes a little to setup the first time, but once you setup the first one, it can copy the config to others, and the software is very nice for the IT to manage all accespoints at once, you can even upload your office layout to have a real view of the it, etc. I have never tried those cisco, but did use their consumer level and i had issues dropping connections, ubiquity is aimed at enterprise, but up to you if they fit what you are looking.

Im using atm 2x Ubiquiti UniFi Long Range Access Point, but there are other options, and all can work together.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:36 pm

highly recommend ubiquity. seamless hand offs from AP to AP, even on voip/vidoechat.