Outbox versus Sentbox

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Outbox versus Sentbox

Post by aristide1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:07 am

Someone explained to me that one is messages actually sent while the other is messages waiting to be sent. I have some in both, and I don't know why or how.

As for the ones waiting to be sent. how can I send them? And how did they get there? When I start a new message I hit send and yet some seem to go and others dont.

I was going to say I'm corn-fused but there's no corn to be found anymore.

vaio

Post by vaio » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:10 am

Dunno about here but at some forums the messages stay in the outbox until they are read by the recipient...then they are classed as "sent".

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Re: Outbox versus Sentbox

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:39 am

aristide1 wrote:Someone explained to me that one is messages actually sent while the other is messages waiting to be sent. I have some in both, and I don't know why or how.

As for the ones waiting to be sent. how can I send them?[b/]

The ones in the "Outbox" have been sent, but are actually unread by the intended recipient. After they have been read, the will move to the "Sentbox". Been trying to PM BF, eh? :)

LAThierry

Post by LAThierry » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 am

Messages in the Sent box have clearly been sent. They've left your computer but there's no telling if they'll arrive at destination (you'll get a bounced back message if they don't usually) or if they're been read.

Messages in the Outbox are in a queue waiting to be processed for sending. Normally, an email stays in here for a few seconds, maybe a few minutes if it has large attachements, while being uploaded to the mail server (your ISP or Yahoo, Gmail, whichever you set as your smtp connection). Sometimes, messages get stuck in the Outbox and never leaves. This can happen for many reasons. Open up the message in the outbox, as if you were editing it, and try to send it again. If that did not work, simply open the stuck email, copy the body, delete the stuck email and create a new one carefully typing the recipient's name, pasting the body, typing a subject and attach file if any.

I've seen this happen due to the size of the attachments and to misformed emails from the auto-complete or address book.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Outbox versus Sentbox

Post by aristide1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:
aristide1 wrote:Someone explained to me that one is messages actually sent while the other is messages waiting to be sent. I have some in both, and I don't know why or how.

As for the ones waiting to be sent. how can I send them?[b/]

The ones in the "Outbox" have been sent, but are actually unread by the intended recipient. After they have been read, the will move to the "Sentbox". Been trying to PM BF, eh? :)

It makes sense, I just never noticed it before. Strange, people have emailed me for help and then never read the response.

As for BF, well, when the time comes I won't be able to email an arrest warrant.

And here's something to chew on: He came here because a small insignificant noise was irritating him. :lol: