serious problem with (amazon) ads using android browser

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

lm
Friend of SPCR

serious problem with (amazon) ads using android browser

Post by lm » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:42 am

Amazon ads on the site, even though displaying correctly, have their clickable area extend right and down infinitely on android browser. This means that when I tap any link, often I hit the Amazon ad instead.

This is extremely annoying. I need it fixed. Can't use the site on my phone like this.

CA_Steve

Re: serious problem with (amazon) ads using android browser

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:00 am

This sorta assumes that Mike C and crew have access to an Android phone. What a PITA for small website developers (phones - not you :D).

kevral

Post by kevral » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:30 pm

I have the same problem - and some halfway workarounds:

- the Amazon ad doesn't always seem to extend all the way to the edges. If I drag the link I want to click close to an edge of the screen, it becomes easier to click it instead of the Amazon overlay.
- how I click the link seems to matter. If I just quickly tap the link I seem to get the Amazon ad most of the time, whereas if I click-and-hold for a little bit I seem to go "through" the Amazon overlay and get to the link beneath.

I don't have a good enough technique worked out to call it a proper workaround, but I can now navigate the site without too much irritation.

lm
Friend of SPCR

Post by lm » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:43 am

CA_Steve wrote:This sorta assumes that Mike C and crew have access to an Android phone. What a PITA for small website developers (phones - not you :D).
I dont know how it is in Canada, but apparently 44% of smartphones sold during Q3 in the US were android devices.