Power Supply Cooler Master V700 buzz to Panasonic Inverter

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

StuartLee92s

Power Supply Cooler Master V700 buzz to Panasonic Inverter

Post by StuartLee92s » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:11 am

Hi, My house has panasonic inverter aircond 1Hp. it's my parents. newly installed months ago.

But, it does causing my V700 buzz whenever it's switched on. From what i learned on a related topic :
viewtopic.php?t=52929

However, i can't just ask my parent to change it to basic unit when he just installed and using it and not planning to change it anytime soon.
from that topic, i learn that inverter uses modified square wave and it's causing my psu to buzz. he changed the aircond and it's solved.

Can i use APC Smart UPS to solve this? they output pure sine wave on battery but not sure when it's on utility power.

quest_for_silence

Re: Power Supply Cooler Master V700 buzz to Panasonic Invert

Post by quest_for_silence » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 am

StuartLee92s wrote:Hi, My house has panasonic inverter aircond 1Hp. it's my parents. newly installed months ago.

But, it does causing my V700 buzz whenever it's switched on. From what i learned on a related topic :
viewtopic.php?t=52929

However, i can't just ask my parent to change it to basic unit when he just installed and using it and not planning to change it anytime soon.
from that topic, i learn that inverter uses modified square wave and it's causing my psu to buzz. he changed the aircond and it's solved.

Can i use APC Smart UPS to solve this? they output pure sine wave on battery but not sure when it's on utility power.
Not an answer, just a very personal suggest: I'd try to put this question also on the JonnyGURU.com forum (as it's specialized on PSUs and related issues, maybe they might give you some informed advice about).

StuartLee92s

Post by StuartLee92s » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:41 am

quest_for_silence wrote:
StuartLee92s wrote:Hi, My house has panasonic inverter aircond 1Hp. it's my parents. newly installed months ago.

viewtopic.php?t=52929

Not an answer, just a very personal suggest: I'd try to put this question also on the JonnyGURU.com forum (as it's specialized on PSUs and related issues, maybe they might give you some informed advice about).

Sure.. but i would like to try here too.

edh

Post by edh » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:27 am

StuartLee92s wrote:Can i use APC Smart UPS to solve this? they output pure sine wave on battery but not sure when it's on utility power.
Then the UPS will probably buzz just as badly as the PSU does now. Unless you can place the UPS in another room I wouldn't even bother trying plus it's an expensive, inefficient and unecological thing to try.

StuartLee92s

Post by StuartLee92s » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:51 am

edh wrote:
StuartLee92s wrote:Can i use APC Smart UPS to solve this? they output pure sine wave on battery but not sure when it's on utility power.
Then the UPS will probably buzz just as badly as the PSU does now. Unless you can place the UPS in another room I wouldn't even bother trying plus it's an expensive, inefficient and unecological thing to try.

Would the power conditioner do the job?

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:31 am

edh wrote:Then the UPS will probably buzz just as badly as the PSU does now. Unless you can place the UPS in another room I wouldn't even bother trying plus it's an expensive, inefficient and unecological thing to try.

Might an isolation transformer work (either on the PC or on the inverter)?

StuartLee92s

Post by StuartLee92s » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 am

quest_for_silence wrote:
edh wrote:Then the UPS will probably buzz just as badly as the PSU does now. Unless you can place the UPS in another room I wouldn't even bother trying plus it's an expensive, inefficient and unecological thing to try.

Might an isolation transformer work (either on the PC or on the inverter)?
Hmm.. isolation transformer? Mine's UK plug type. From Malaysia.. not sure where to get one though.