Corsair ups their warranty to 10 years on selected PSUs

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Abula

Corsair ups their warranty to 10 years on selected PSUs

Post by Abula » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:31 pm

A very brave move from Corsair part, and showing they back their stuff. This seems very interesting, specially with the RMi and RMx series.

Corsair Extends Select PSU Warranties from 7 Years to 10 Years
AXi Series PSUs launched with a 7 year warranty. Now have a 10 year warranty.
HXi Series PSUs launched with a 7 year warranty. Now have a 10 year warranty.
RMi Series PSUs launched with a 7 year warranty. Now have a 10 year warranty.
RMx Series PSUs launched with a 7 year warranty. Now have a 10 year warranty.

CA_Steve

Re: Corsair ups their warranty to 10 years on selected PSUs

Post by CA_Steve » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 am

It's nice. Might be more marketing than engineering. How many people retain their PCs/power supplies for more than 7 years? Ok, other than you and me and the folks likely to wander these forums. :)

Abula

Post by Abula » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:57 am

CA_Steve wrote:It's nice. Might be more marketing than engineering. How many people retain their PCs/power supplies for more than 7 years? Ok, other than you and me and the folks likely to wander these forums. :)
I agree with more marketing than engineering comment, and that will mostlikely not impact their returns as not all read forums or news about compoents. That said for them to stand on their products for 10 years on things that imo degrade over time.... its pretty good, specially on PSU like the RM series that didnt have the best of the best compents, that said its not enough to steer me away from Seasonic and EVGA platinum (specially this with its $99 pricepoint), none the less its a nice thing for a lot of people imo, consdiering that will probably be able to upgrade three or four times on the same PSU, kinda like becoming as cases.

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:09 am

Abula wrote:specially on PSU like the RM series that didnt have the best of the best compents

Take note, if needed, that the RM is NOT those RMi/RMx with the upgraded 10-years warranty (as a matter of fact those RMi/RMx are on par with other high-end 80 Plus Gold series, like the Seasonic X or the EVGA G2).