Shuttle PH7?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

cyanosis

Shuttle PH7?

Post by cyanosis » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:44 am

Has anyone had experience with the shuttle PH7? It's the heatsink used to cool high end athlons in those tiny shuttle cases, so I figure it should be a pretty good performer. I'm intrigued by the fact that it's heatpipe based, and built such that its fan doubles as the exhaust for the entire case.

The PH4 is its counterpart for P4.

Now, the question is, how well would it do with low airflow, or perhaps even none at all... this is a product I'd definitely like to see reviewed. I'd buy one just to try it out, but no one who ships to Canada is selling it.

crawford

Post by crawford » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:50 am

As you mentioned, this is the same heat pipe that they put in their XPC cases. There is very little air flow in those small cases, especially the ones loaded up with graphics cards, a PCI card, an optical drive and two high capacity heat generating HDDs.

In my case, I have only a panaflo L1A blowing over the heat pipe and temps are perfectly acceptable. I'm no expert, but I dont' think that you could run one without a fan.

I'll bet that any of the retailers selling Shuttle barebones units will order you a heat pipe.