Macho Zero?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

RoseChitt2018

Macho Zero?

Post by RoseChitt2018 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 am

Was looking for a good silent CPU cooler and came across the Macho Zero. I saw this review (http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/coo ... ler-review)
and thought I might get this cooler. Just was wondering if this CPU cooler was worth the $60ish, I was aiming on upgrading my computer slowly overtime and don't have a GPU yet, as I am simply testing how everything works and sounds over time (one step at a time). I don't really need a good GPU until I get into the intense CAD/CAM CEREC software for dental school.

I'm using a i5-750 (1156 socket) CPU (might upgrade... but seems to work just fine thus far.)

CA_Steve

Re: Macho Zero?

Post by CA_Steve » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Welcome to SPCR.

It's a decent cooler. Whether or not it'd work well for you will depend on the case and the other airflow in the case. I prefer getting a fanned cooler that's inaudible. Check out the Scythe Kotetsu. Great performance, inaudible, and ~$40.

Copyright

Post by Copyright » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:33 am

CA_Steve wrote:Welcome to SPCR.

It's a decent cooler. Whether or not it'd work well for you will depend on the case and the other airflow in the case. I prefer getting a fanned cooler that's inaudible. Check out the Scythe Kotetsu. Great performance, inaudible, and ~$40.
You can run a fan on the Macho or passive.. or with an air duct. He could also look into the Dark Rock Pro 3 although hard to find.

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:07 am

Both the Kotesu and Macho Rev. B are pretty solid coolers, specially for the money i would say they are best you can buy around $50. The kotetsu is cheaper and a really nice performer for the money, the Macho has imo a better mounting and quality, and personally i like the TY147 more, aesthetically and their PWM design, weather it justifies the $10 extra.... that something your wallet has to decide.