Cryorig H7 alternative?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Stratohero

Cryorig H7 alternative?

Post by Stratohero » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:33 am

I really wanted to buy this CPU cooler but can't; it's either sold out or Amazon doesn't ship it into my country.

Is there a good alternative for Cryorig H7, so an excellent fan no higher than 145mm, with a big fan.

P.S.
Please don't say Macho 90 again, as it doesn't exist in my country.

lodestar

Re: Cryorig H7 alternative?

Post by lodestar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:23 am

A possible alternative is the Noctua NH-C14S which is 142mm high, see image below from the Noctua web site.

This image is from the Cryorig H7 page

Wild Penguin

Post by Wild Penguin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:04 am

I can speak for the NH-C14 (without S), which I bought before the NH-C14S was released. It is quite efficient for it's size - but also expensive, I've read, compared others on the same size class. It is also quite versatile - if I ever change my case!

You didn't specify your processor or your size constraints - do your really need a compact tower or is a top-down blowing cooler OK?

There may be clearance issues on the first PCIe slot, depending on the mounting orientation of the cooler (you can rotate it by 90° to any orientation, except that in a tower case, the heatpipes bends should not point up). The new S -model should be better in this regard - it says so on the site - but I haven't checked the measurements and how they have changed that. On my Maximus VII Gene, I was able to use the first PCIe slot without problems even with the orientation I wanted (fins pointing to case fans) - just barely, there was 1mm of clearance from the clip to the card. I put some electric tape on both just to make sure.

doyll

Post by doyll » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:11 am

Stratohero wrote:I really wanted to buy this CPU cooler but can't; it's either sold out or Amazon doesn't ship it into my country.

Is there a good alternative for Cryorig H7, so an excellent fan no higher than 145mm, with a big fan.

P.S.
Please don't say Macho 90 again, as it doesn't exist in my country.
Well, without knowing what country you are in I'm not surprised Amazon won't ship to you. :evil:
Where are you?
What online sites do you buy from?