Six year review of Scythe's Grand Kama Cross

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Six year review of Scythe's Grand Kama Cross

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Well, I almost forgot what cooler my 1090T has.

I figured out it is the Grand Kama Cross. I bought it at http://www.microcenter.com in the store six years ago it will be this summer.

I was running SETI@Home at 100% today. The program to read temps I have showed all cores at about 111 degrees F. The CPU fan is on it's medium setting in bios, I don't remember what that is. it is like 70% speed if i remember correctly.

The room is 75 degrees F. When I turn off BOINC/SETI, within 2-3 seconds, the temperatute dropped to 81. It now is at 78-79 degrees. The board is MSI "durable" styled board, some sort of mid level gaming one.

Case is corsair 760T with stock fans (not quiet) on their "low" setting (probably like 60% speed). I havent replaced them yet. Great case!!!! (I have silent-ish ones sitting next to me waiting)

My review basically is that 43 Celsius on max max max load for 10 hours is nothing. One can take a nice bath if that was water temperature! I am impressed with every big scythe I buy. I used Ceramique paste and i use Arctic Silver dual bottle cleaner set to purify the surfaces of my processors before applying the tim.