It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:18 pm
Posts: 5
Hi, i have a i3 4130T(35w tdp) and a lian li pc c60 and i want a cpu cooler that can i use fanless. Which do you recommend??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 5275
Location: ITALY
Trunksleo wrote:
Hi, i have a i3 4130T(35w tdp) and a lian li pc c60 and i want a cpu cooler that can i use fanless. Which do you recommend??

The NoFan CR80EH (take note, even a fanless cooler would like some case airflow).

BTW your case looks like an hotbox, I guess you wouldn't get very low temps.

_________________
Regards,
Luca

Support SPCR, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:18 pm
Posts: 5
quest_for_silence wrote:
Trunksleo wrote:
Hi, i have a i3 4130T(35w tdp) and a lian li pc c60 and i want a cpu cooler that can i use fanless. Which do you recommend??

The NoFan CR80EH (take note, even a fanless cooler would like some case airflow).

BTW your case looks like an hotbox, I guess you wouldn't get very low temps.


Thanks, so which do you recommend for my case??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 5275
Location: ITALY
Trunksleo wrote:
Thanks, so which do you recommend for my case??

Personally I'd think to a fanned one, like a Noctua NH-L12 or NH-L9i: it should be more practical, particularly if you don't plan to have case fans.

Said that, albeit I'm not expecting low temperatures (as low as a 35W TDP would allow), I'm expecting that with a frugal 4130T the CR80EH work safe even in such a case.

_________________
Regards,
Luca

Support SPCR, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:02 am
Posts: 13
CR-80EH can also interfere with ram
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cas ... k_review/4

A cheap one could be the Arctic Alpine 11 - Passive (rated up to 47W)
Again you need to check if it fits in your mobo/ram etc
Cannot find detailed reviews about this (prolly hunting on amazon reviews or pcpartpicker builds can give you a better idea).

i would go with a fan one anyway as quest_for_silence suggested


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 5275
Location: ITALY
isvgai wrote:

Well, no, that's not quite correct: given that SPCR reviewed it, let's refer to "our" reviewers:

Image

The CR80EH *might* give some issues with mITX boards, otherwise it does not with both ATX and mATX ones, and given that the PC-C60 is an ATX case, "...it fits comfortably inside with plenty of room on all sides...".

It worths to mention that even the Noctua NH-L12 *might* incur in clearance issues with mITX boards (albeit, as said, that's not the case).

_________________
Regards,
Luca

Support SPCR, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:18 pm
Posts: 5
Well, my board its asus z97i plus and my rams are this ones:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1 ... UTF8&psc=1

How about this heatsinK???

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QC ... NMCPZH97BO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 5275
Location: ITALY
Trunksleo wrote:
:shock: Well, my board its asus z97i plus and my rams are this ones:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1 ... UTF8&psc=1

Then isvgai made an educated guess and probably the CR80EH is not the one for you.


Trunksleo wrote:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1434-page1.html

_________________
Regards,
Luca

Support SPCR, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:02 am
Posts: 13
Noctua NH-L9i
Noctua NH-D9L
Noctua NH-U9S
Noctua NH-L12

Builds with your mobo and the above heatsinks (you can filter heatsinks on the left):
http://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/ ... 105,27,328

Noctua NH-L9i (no problems fitting, weakest one)

Noctua NH-D9L
Noctua NH-U9S
(they are both pretty near to the ram but they seems to fit)

Noctua NH-L12
(seems that the lower fan can touch the ram in some photos, you could eventually remove it and go with 1 fan i think, or just dont care xD)


personally i would go safe with:
Noctua NH-D9L or
Noctua NH-U9S
(just double check the photos depending also on the orientation you want to use)

i think all noctua hs come with low noise adapter, this and bios config will make them virtually silent


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:18 pm
Posts: 5
isvgai wrote:
Noctua NH-L9i
Noctua NH-D9L
Noctua NH-U9S
Noctua NH-L12

Builds with your mobo and the above heatsinks (you can filter heatsinks on the left):
http://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/ ... 105,27,328

Noctua NH-L9i (no problems fitting, weakest one)

Noctua NH-D9L
Noctua NH-U9S
(they are both pretty near to the ram but they seems to fit)

Noctua NH-L12
(seems that the lower fan can touch the ram in some photos, you could eventually remove it and go with 1 fan i think, or just dont care xD)


personally i would go safe with:
Noctua NH-D9L or
Noctua NH-U9S
(just double check the photos depending also on the orientation you want to use)

i think all noctua hs come with low noise adapter, this and bios config will make them virtually silent


Thank you to both. Thanks for the info. I'll check the photos. The coolers of the case are on one side if i want to put the cooler following the flow of the coolers case which is the best of those noctua?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am
Posts: 5275
Location: ITALY
Trunksleo wrote:
The coolers of the case are on one side if i want to put the cooler following the flow of the coolers case which is the best of those noctua?

I guess it's not relevant: the NH-L9i and NH-L12 are top-down coolers, while the NH-U9S and NH-D9L may be mounted according to their desired final orientation (providing that your motherboard doesn't impede that).

_________________
Regards,
Luca

Support SPCR, use these links when you buy: NCIX, Amazon and Newegg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which cpu cooler recommend me??
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:18 pm
Posts: 5
quest_for_silence wrote:
Trunksleo wrote:
The coolers of the case are on one side if i want to put the cooler following the flow of the coolers case which is the best of those noctua?

I guess it's not relevant: the NH-L9i and NH-L12 are top-down coolers, while the NH-U9S and NH-D9L may be mounted according to their desired final orientation (providing that your motherboard doesn't impede that).


Thanks a lot for the info. i'll go for the NH-D9L.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group