It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Best silent air cooler good for OC?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:40 pm 

Ok so my priority is silence and then performance. I initially considered the cryorig h7 until I ran across the thermalright coolers. I looked up benchmarks from multiple sources and found that the thermalright cooler beats the cryorig in both performance and noise. What is the difference between the Le Grand Macho and the Macho Rev B? Is this the best air cooler for me?

Post subject: Re: Best silent air cooler good for OC?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:04 pm 

sanman wrote:
What is the difference between the Le Grand Macho and the Macho Rev B? Is this the best air cooler for me?
In my experience they are very similar coolers overall, the Macho RevB is a better buy in terms of what you get close to $50, while the Le Grand Macho is more a niche cooler, that will give you better temps at lower rpms, but once you go into high rpms they are very similar in terms of performance, probably a degree or two difference but nothing that will make it worth it. Where it does beat it is on very low rpms, where the bigger area will give you lower temps, but for your practical use, that you want to OC, you are going to get very similar results on load.

Post subject: Re: Best silent air cooler good for OC?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:34 pm 

Abula wrote:
sanman wrote:
What is the difference between the Le Grand Macho and the Macho Rev B? Is this the best air cooler for me?
In my experience they are very similar coolers overall, the Macho RevB is a better buy in terms of what you get close to $50, while the Le Grand Macho is more a niche cooler, that will give you better temps at lower rpms, but once you go into high rpms they are very similar in terms of performance, probably a degree or two difference but nothing that will make it worth it. Where it does beat it is on very low rpms, where the bigger area will give you lower temps, but for your practical use, that you want to OC, you are going to get very similar results on load.

Thanks for the help. Do you think the macho x2 worth it for an extra 5 dollars? It has an extra fan so it should help cooling right?