Upgrade over the cryoirg h5?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Alsilence

Upgrade over the cryoirg h5?

Post by Alsilence » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:55 pm

For about the same price.
I don´t know, but i think the cryorig is a little "noisy", so i was wondering if there is something out there that has the same performarce but being quiter.

Thank you!

CA_Steve

Re: Upgrade over the cryoirg h5?

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Let's set a baseline...

How are you controlling the cooler's fans? Maybe you haven't optimized the settings?

What's the mobo make/model?

This is the 6700K? Are you overclocking/overvolting? How much?

Alsilence

Post by Alsilence » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm

CA_Steve wrote:Let's set a baseline...

How are you controlling the cooler's fans? Maybe you haven't optimized the settings?

What's the mobo make/model?

This is the 6700K? Are you overclocking/overvolting? How much?
6700k no oc.
The cryorig fan has a min of 700 rpm, but i got a little bad fan, so its min is 750+ rpm...

My mobo is an asus z170 pro gaming, i´m controling que fans with the expert fan software, and with a "silent" option could manage to lower the rpm to 600 min.
But it´s still a little noisy, especially for idle.
Also, this "silent" option makes the cpu to run very hot when gaming/load.

Thanks!

Abula

Post by Abula » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:43 pm

For about the same price.
I don´t know, but i think the cryorig is a little "noisy", so i was wondering if there is something out there that has the same performarce but being quiter.
The cooler seems like most, i dont think you are going to get much cooler running upgrading it, maybe the fan isnt a good, but there are no magic coolers that are going to give you a huge difference. You could try different fans on the CPU cooler, seems like its a 140 on 120 mounting frame, options that should work with it, that have very good PWM range of control are,

Thermalright TY-147A 1300 PWM
Noctua NF-P14r redux-1500 PWM

Now if you dont want to change fans, and are looking for a new cooler, two of the best for the money are Scythe Ninja4 and Thermalright Macho RevB.
Alsilence wrote:Also, this "silent" option makes the cpu to run very hot when gaming/load.
Whats hot for you? many of us here are willing to give up higher temps for quieter operation. That said, you can still make the CPU fan curve more agressive on the top, even when being on silent profile, i think you going to overide it, but it should work still. To me Silent profile is really good for someone looking to stop one or more fans on idle. Also play with the graphs, you can do your own, run "tunning" and then stress it see how asus suggested the fan curves, then start modding the curves to your liking.

How many case fans are you running, maybe your case is starving? I usually prefer to have 2 in and 1 out to try to aim into having positive pressure and avoid having dust entering through holes.

Alsilence

Post by Alsilence » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:04 am

The cpu goes 70+ celsius at some point.
With the "normal" plan, it only reaches 60ºC in summer and with heavy cpu games and eventualy only rare peaks.

With the silent option, now in winter, 70+... xd