Nexus 140mm fan!

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Potenza

Nexus 140mm fan!

Post by Potenza » Wed May 08, 2013 1:47 am

From TechPowerUp
Nexus introduced the 140mm Real Silent Case Fan. The Nexus 140mm Real Silent Case Fan is the ultimate solution to bring some extra airflow in your quiet computer. Don't you just hate it when you have build a nice and quiet computer and it turns out that your high-end components are producing so much heat the temperatures in your computer case are getting too high? The Nexus Real Silent case fan is the solution for you. It provides the extra airflow your PC may require without being noticeable noise wise.
http://www.techpowerup.com/183660/nexus ... e-fan.html
http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-nexus140mmre ... sefans.htm

Finally, I say. I'm very curious about this fan. After all these years the 120mm version is still a reference fan on SPCR, this one might be even better.

JazzJackRabbit

Re: Nexus 140mm fan!

Post by JazzJackRabbit » Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 am

I'm not. Ever since Nexus switched to white/black frame design their fans "chirp" when mounted horizontally. The orange ones didn't use to have that chirp. I've been a fan of Scythe fans in the last couple of years, especially the ones with Sony bearing, but they've been incredibly tough to find lately ever since Scythe "exited" US market... I sincerely hope they'll come back sooner rather than later.

pedromvu

Post by pedromvu » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 pm

I would also love for this fan to come up in a 140mm fan comparison, I have been very happy with my 120mm fan on my CPU cooler (never used it horizontally), but I want to change the 140mm fans that came with the Fractal Design Define S, they are too loud for me, have to lower their RPM to become acceptable but I don't think they push mush air.

BTW this fans are only $7.99 on Amazon, seems weird, wonder if they are the same quality since the 120mm versions cost more.

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:32 am

pedromvu wrote:...BTW this fans are only $7.99 on Amazon, seems weird, wonder if they are the same quality since the 120mm versions cost more.
Even cheaper from this UK supplier. As to why they are on sale as such a low price, this extract from the spec from this source might be a clue "...Voltage Range: 8.0 ~13.8 Volts...". Obviously manufacturers' specs cannot be taken at face value. But if the start voltage is as high as 8V then idle speeds could be an issue.