Quietest 200mm fan?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

boe

Quietest 200mm fan?

Post by boe » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello,

I thought I was going to fit a 140mm fan in the front of my case but it turns out it is 200mm! Can anyone tell me who makes the quietest 200m fan? My Cosmos II has a coolermaster currently - not sure of the model fan.

Abula

Re: Quietest 200mm fan?

Post by Abula » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:23 pm

I have very little experience with 200mm fans, but one that to me was acceptable was Phanteks PH-F200SP_BK, you can see how it undervolts in the graph below,

Take into account that its not a 200mm mounting fan as it has the holes not in the standard place where usually standard fans have them, but in 200mm is hard to find standard fans. Also its thicker than the standard 25mm, not by much, i believe its 200x30mm.

boe

Post by boe » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:15 am

Thanks - I think I'll learn to live with the CM for another year. Hopefully by then the noctua will be available. If scythe comes out with one I'll consider it if the noctua isn't out by then.

Abula

Post by Abula » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:45 pm

boe wrote:Thanks - I think I'll learn to live with the CM for another year. Hopefully by then the noctua will be available. If scythe comes out with one I'll consider it if the noctua isn't out by then.
To what i have tested, at least in my opinion, the Phantek fans are very similar to Noctuas, not fully as their PWM is different, but the quality, even the sleeving (that i dislike) is the same, personally i think they use the same OEM factory... but thats just a guess. To me the phantek is a good option, i doubt there will be many fans that allow sub 300rpm on idle (that is if you can undervolt it to this point), my guess is that noctua 200mm (if it ever comes out) will be very similar. Whats very important is to check if the phantek mounting holes would match your coolermaster cosmo case, as i said this and noctuas wont be standard fans but bigger fan with smaller mounting holes, but that how it is really, 200mm is far from becoming a standard, as 120 / 140 mm fans are.

If i were looking for a 200mm fan, phantek would be my pick. That said, its up to you if its worth it or not, you money your decision.