Risky Purchase. Antec NeoHE 430

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Charuto

Risky Purchase. Antec NeoHE 430

Post by Charuto » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:36 pm

I can possibly get one of these for $37. To my knowlegde it is coming unused off a P150. I would not be the "orginal consumer purchaser" so if this unit isn't compatible, Antec's warranty policy would not apply to me. The serial number looks like S08040265480, but the third character is unclear (it could aslo be S05... or S06). I am waiting for verification on the number as well as whether or not it has an A4 sticker on it.

Is there any way around Antec's policy requiring a proof of purchase should I obtain a bad one and need to send it in?

Given what is known about this unit, should I try to get it?

derekchinese

Post by derekchinese » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:34 pm

For sure they will need a proof of purchase. I think usually the first 30 days or first year is through the store that the original buyer purchased the part. The sonata that I have has a 3 year warranty so I would expect the Neo to have a three year warranty as well. Make sure to ask for proof of purchase. Get a copy and if anything goes wrong, just get an RMA.

Derek

Sylph-DS

Post by Sylph-DS » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:24 am

I suppose you should also be sure to find out when it was manufactured. The earlier NeoHE 430 PSUs had some problems, if I remember correctly.