Asus frustrating to contact

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

NyteOwl

Asus frustrating to contact

Post by NyteOwl » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 pm

I bought a new Asus motherboard the end of July. I decided I would like to evaluate the TPM features as it had a spot for an optional module. In doing some research it appears that there are two modules that may work on this board but as they have different names, and part numbers, and Asus have absolutely zero information in the motherboard manual other than mentioning the TPM header I tried to contact them.

I firstly used the form on their tech support page to request information as to which if either module was compatible. After a couple of weeks of not hearing anything I checked the status using the case number and it showed the ticket had been closed - no reply was ever received.

I then send an e-mail directly to Asus requesting the same information. It has been three weeks and no reply to that e-mail.

I then got the telephone number for Asus Canada off the web and tried phoning them directly. While the number is advertised as Asus Canada the voicemail system claims to be the notebook division. I left a message with the "other inquiries" voice mailbox but as yet have heard nothing back.

I have never ever had this much trouble simply contacting a company in my life. I wouldn't even mind mediocre tech suppoort if I could just get a reply. But is seems that at Asus the lights are on but nobody's home.

Aard

Post by Aard » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Odd, although Asus customer support is terrible (I won't get into my own experiences), I didn't have any trouble getting a response from their online tech support (the value of this response was dubious) although you will have to deal with a tech from China or similar.

In regards to phoning them, try calling Asus USA. Asus (if its the same world wide) only have decent tech support at their regional hubs which for you will be the US, I personally had to call Australia. This is also probably where you'll be asked to file a complaint, but only via letter or fax :roll:.

NyteOwl

Post by NyteOwl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Yes calling the US office was my next step. If that doesn't bring any results I'll write a letter to their head office. Even if I have to have a friend translate it into Chinese. This is totally unacceptible.

This is as baad as trying to browse their website when it's having a hissy fit.

NyteOwl

Post by NyteOwl » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Well, two feedback form submissions, 3 e-mails, one snail mail and three phone calls (with interdepartmental transfers) and I finally got an answer:

"it's the one with the female connector"

Still no part number/model number etc. But at least I can make an educated guess (about 80% probability) as to which module I actually need.

Asus really needs to get their act together. Their products are good but their support infrastructure is terrible.