About the approval system and moderation/missing posts?

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

multiplexer

About the approval system and moderation/missing posts?

Post by multiplexer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:58 am

It occurs to me that this forum is a bit slow and cumbersome to use compared to other tech sites. That in itself is not that much of a problem, but it's also a bit unclear as to why this is. So i've got a few questions for you:

- The site and/or forum are down very frequently (compared to other sites). Is this due to actual capacity reasons, or is there a lot of unmanaged maintenance, is the site hosted on a personal machine running on an unstable DSL line?
- My first post needed to be reviewed before publishing. Is this just because I am new, or because the permissions system is different in SPCR article discussion (the forum where I posted), or how does this actually work? How many posts need to be reviewed before I can post on my own?
- There are a few reports in this forum of vanishing threads, replies, etc. Is this because of moderators silently doing their job, broken code, server issues or something else? In particular, about a page worth of commentary on the newest review (Gigabyte A75 FM1 motherboard - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62690) seems to be missing.

I'm very interested in the workings behind this forum.

NeilBlanchard

Re: About the approval system and moderation/missing posts?

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:39 am

We have to manually moderate posts from new members, to avoid Spammers. I'm sorry we are a bit slow in doing this; but it is necessary, unfortunately.

multiplexer

Post by multiplexer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:48 am

Well, there's no need to apologize, it's your forum and your rules. But can you elaborate on my further questions?

edit: apparently, the first two posts need to be approved :P That answers one question already :)

capoeira

Post by capoeira » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:We have to manually moderate posts from new members, to avoid Spammers. I'm sorry we are a bit slow in doing this; but it is necessary, unfortunately.
yea, this could be faster. I editet my first post after aproval >>> new aproval......now after 20 hours it there

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:22 pm

I thank you for your patience. Waiting is better than lots of Spam, though?

It is not perfect, but it is better than no control over Spammers.

capoeira

Post by capoeira » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:37 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:I thank you for your patience. Waiting is better than lots of Spam, though?

It is not perfect, but it is better than no control over Spammers.
I understand and respect that

Greets

thetipster

Post by thetipster » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:58 am

Is there any way to track a post I have made to make sure it doesn't get lost? Also, when do my posts stop getting reviewed. I've been a member since Dec 2010, but I only have 4 posts

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:34 pm

the 'profile' button at bottom of your posts will take you to a page that has a link to all your posts.