Help neutralizing idiocy

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Help neutralizing idiocy

Post by aristide1 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:16 pm

"I also understand that extremism in any ideology isn’t a distortion of that ideology. It is an informed, steadfast adherence to its fundamentals, hence the term “fundamentalism.”
And welcome to over simplification 101. This statement is only a half truth (which is as useful as a half truth on the witness stand.) Yes, some canons are adhered to strictly, but which ones? Only the ones that suit the zealot's agenda. The rest are ignored.

Notice here how the Christian overlooks that "turn the other cheek" principle. Pro-lifers that bomb clinics, yeah that's a reasonable philosophy. Try adopting a child and SingTFU.

See, like half truths on a witness stand that lead to completely inaccurate conclusions the "fundamentalist" uses the same technique to reach a conclusion not shared by the majority of their followers. And for some strange reason the leaders of that religion do not speak up. Does the Pope condone the Westboro Baptists? You tell me. I see no indication he's having issues with their shit. Then again Catholics don't have much of a reputation for being able to handle their own problems.

Don't expect peace on any scale when dealing with religious groups. Non-Muslims are infidels, they are inferior. Christians are no better at this, seeing others in the same light. One coin, two sides. To be fair every religious group considers all other groups as lost at best, and usually far worse.

So no I'll pass on "liking" whatever it is you're selling.