RE: HDD mobile racks

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Jatismara

RE: HDD mobile racks

Post by Jatismara » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Can anyone recommend any top of the line mobile-racks for SATA HDDs (750GB to 1 TB size)?

Abula

Re: RE: HDD mobile racks

Post by Abula » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Jatismara wrote:Can anyone recommend any top of the line mobile-racks for SATA HDDs (750GB to 1 TB size)?
Not completly sure if you want the enclosure or a built in hdd, i think its the second, but im not sure. Below 2tb its best to go with the smaller 2.5 portable hdds, because you will be able to use them on the USB power, while the 3.5 enclosures need extra power source. Two of the most popular are

Toshiba Canvio 1.0 TB USB 3.0 Basics Portable Hard Drive - HDTB210XK3BA(Black) (this one is on sale atm, usually is $70)
WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 Black

Jatismara

Re: RE: HDD mobile racks

Post by Jatismara » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Abula wrote:
Jatismara wrote:Can anyone recommend any top of the line mobile-racks for SATA HDDs (750GB to 1 TB size)?
Not completly sure if you want the enclosure or a built in hdd, i think its the second, but im not sure. Below 2tb its best to go with the smaller 2.5 portable hdds, because you will be able to use them on the USB power, while the 3.5 enclosures need extra power source. Two of the most popular are

Toshiba Canvio 1.0 TB USB 3.0 Basics Portable Hard Drive - HDTB210XK3BA(Black) (this one is on sale atm, usually is $70)
WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 Black
Sorry but looks like I confused you, as neither of your links are for mobile-racks. These are mobile-racks for HDDs:

https://www.google.com/#q=hdd+mobile+racks&tbm=shop

Right now, I'm looking at:
Kingwin KF-1000-BK
SNT-SAS136B
Vantec MRK-300ST-BK
...and some others.