Mounting bracket for 2.5" SDD in Antec Solo

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

jack_aubrey

Mounting bracket for 2.5" SDD in Antec Solo

Post by jack_aubrey » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 pm

I purchased my first SSD (Crucial M500, though I doubt the problem is related to the brand) and, without taking a close look, assumed any old 2.5"->3.5" mounting bracket would do. Unfortunately I purchased one which only had screw holes on the side for mounting to the case, which doesn't work with the Antec Solo disk trays. The screws in the bottom of the bracket are for attaching the 2.5" drive and don't match the screws in the bottom of the disk trays, so that's not a viable approach.

For the moment I have the SSD mounted using the elastic bands, but that's not viable longterm since they just barely cover the edge of the bracket and it's in peril of falling out at the slightest bump. Can anyone recommend a bracket which is known to work in this situation? Alternatively I may have to take one of the disk trays down to Central Computer :-) Thanks!

quest_for_silence

Re: Mounting bracket for 2.5" SDD in Antec Solo

Post by quest_for_silence » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm not sure about what's your actual problem, but are you looking for something like this?

flemeister

Post by flemeister » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:19 am

Placing it behind the motherboard tray or HDD cage (jammed in among the spare PSU cables to hold it in place securely) would be another option. Blu-tack, velcro or double-sided tape would also work great if you'd prefer to mount it in plain sight. :)

Velcroed to the bottom of the 5.25" bays:

Feet up, resting on the bottom of the case:

Peeking out through the 3.5" bays, being a total showoff:

Jammed into an external 3.5" bay that also housed some front USB3 ports:

Blu-tacked to the bottom of the case:

jack_aubrey

Post by jack_aubrey » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:41 am

quest_for_silence wrote:I'm not sure about what's your actual problem, but are you looking for something like this?
Yes, something like that, with 2.5" mounting capability and 3.5" mounting holes on the bottom. This looks like it should work although I don't understand the purpose of the internal socket, that seems pointless when standard SATA power/data cables in the case already work with a 2.5" drive. Thanks!