Computex 2016: Raijintek presents their first passive AIO

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

quest_for_silence

Computex 2016: Raijintek presents their first passive AIO

Post by quest_for_silence » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:37 pm

I can't say whether it can be truly silent, or not, and how effective it may be, however it's an interesting concept.

http://www.techpowerup.com/223050/raiji ... uid-cooler

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Computex 2016: Raijintek presents their first passive AI

Post by Vicotnik » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:52 am

Interesting, but I would like this but with water. The special fluid makes it something else. Maybe something for the future but my conservative mind would prefer regular non-leaky heatpipes.

edh

Post by edh » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:56 am

In effect it is just a bendy heatpipe. Could be useful for some installations but looking at that radiator the fins look a bit close together for passive operation. A radiator like the original Zalman Reserator would be more suited for fanless operation but this looks to be more designed for fan cooling.

I wonder if a DIY solution might be able to achieve the same method of operation? Would need a suitable coolant however.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Beat me to this! I saw this and was like WOW! that is a solution I would certainly buy, I have to post it on SPCR.

I was a huge fan of no fans (hah!) and a big fan of the Reserator 1 by zalman. I regret letting it go. I would use it still if i had it.

However, this isnt a water cooling setup, uses some nice toxic stuff to cool things vapor-like.

I hope this comes around to really exist.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:22 pm

edh wrote:In effect it is just a bendy heatpipe. Could be useful for some installations but looking at that radiator the fins look a bit close together for passive operation. A radiator like the original Zalman Reserator would be more suited for fanless operation but this looks to be more designed for fan cooling.

I wonder if a DIY solution might be able to achieve the same method of operation? Would need a suitable coolant however.
you have a point about the appropriateness for fanless operation. The zalman, the way I had it, was 90% distilled water and 10% Water Wetter solution (about, memory is dim on %'s) The water had a lot of heat capacity (best in physics right?) and so could take away a large amount of heat and be stable. I guess if the new thing is fast dissipating it could be fine enough. I would put it low moving fans on it I guess.