Who is digiX?

Site announcements, news, stuff you should read. Start here.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:11 am

you're not going to recommend a SilenX are you? :shock:

(your name is similar to a SilentX vendor)

My Super Silencer 400's fan may not be ideal, but I'm going to just use my new Nexus NX-3500 Real Silent Power Supply, woohoo!, while I RMA the SS400.

EDIT: so as not to commit a "procedural foul" :wink:
Last edited by Trip on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:39 am

Trip wrote:you're not going to recommend a SilenX are you? :shock:

(your name is similar to a SilentX vendor)
OT-But a very, very different person. Don't give digitX any grief. He's not digitalX! Insinuating that they are the same is a rather low blow to digitX. :( Personal foul on Trip. :wink: Plus a procedural foul for posting off-topic without contributing to the thread. :P

You may now return to discussing Seasonic PSU's :)

Joe DeFuria

Post by Joe DeFuria » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:12 pm

digitX wrote:I didn't know my login name would spin such fascination. :D
Just to add to the fascination...

I used to be the sole proprietor of the (now defunct) "Digital Xpressions" company...who's URL was http://www.digitx.com ;) (No, the current web site has nothing to do with me...)

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:23 pm

DigitX, it appears that you have 2 active forum accounts here: Some simple investigation shows that DigitX and Javaflash have posted from the same IP address. Why??

More importantly, why do you start this dis of Seasonic as Javaflash -- http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=8456 -- and then in the SAME THREAD -- respond as DigitX? :?: :!:

If it seems that my hackles are rising, you are not mistaken. Anyone who was witness to the digitalix slimeball hoax incident will surely have a similar response to the discoveries above.

I apologize in advance if I am making false accusations here, but please explain yourself, DigitX and/or Javaflash.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:06 pm

digitX -- Thank you for your reply.

Following up on your comment about Javaflash, that account was established Nov 16 & the first post from Javaflash was on Nov 16: http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewto ... ght=#54506

Yet, the report about bad Seasonic RAM service was not made until Nov 24.

Can you explain that? I mean if Javaflash was created solely for the purpose of making that post, why would you wait 8 days?

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:38 pm

digitX wrote:I posted that thread as soon as JavaFlash was created.
That's just not true. The details about this post shows clearly that it (and not the Seasonic one) was posted on Nov 16, on the day that the JavaFlash acc was created. You don't even have to be a registered forum member to see that. http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewto ... ght=#54506 The Seasonic thread was posted 8 days later.

My question is why do you deny this?
Please go back to that discussion. I think I ACCIDENTALLY mixed my ID back there. I started with Javaflash then continued with digitX.
No kidding. :roll:

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:17 pm

This is certainly frustrating. I will never know whether I harangued a perfectly innocent person off SPCR or whether I nipped another round of silliness by Peter Kim in the bud. :roll:

Life Goes On. :|

(or as a Taoist might say. S**t happens.)

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:45 am

MikeC wrote:This is certainly frustrating. I will never know whether I harangued a perfectly innocent person off SPCR or whether I nipped another round of silliness by Peter Kim in the bud. :roll:

Life Goes On. :|

(or as a Taoist might say. S**t happens.)
I doubt he was "perfectly innocent". He obviously had some sort of hidden agenda, registering under 2 different names, lying about it when you confronted him, then scurrying away like a cockroach at the end.

ez2remember
Friend of SPCR

Post by ez2remember » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:24 am

I have my suspicians too about digitX.

IMHO, digitX = digitalX = SilenX
All sounds too familiar…

He tries to play down other PSU such as the Seasonic and promotes SilenX units. Look at the evidence below and judge for yourself...
digitX wrote: This might be a little off... which brand of fridge is the quietest. My old kenmore is about to give. Hence...

Btw, if I accidentally place a SilenX power supply inside my freezer overnight, do you think the unit can still function safely ... ?
More evidence

I hope I'm wrong but whenever someone advertise SilenX units and says he has both Seasonic 300w + 400w I am very suspicious.

al bundy

Post by al bundy » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:32 pm

I was getting a little worried about this too. Thanks Mike for looking into it for us...

8)

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:49 pm

Someone asked if I would follow up on that serial # provided on the last post. I tossed it over to Seasonic & asked whether they could look this record up p-l-e-a-s-e (saying someone was badmouthing them & I wanted to see if it might be a sneaky competitor)... and a couple hrs ago, lo & behold, I did get a reply! 8)
As soon as our support dept received the unit with the serial # you mentioned, it was replaced right away. Our policy to replace all Super Family units. If Super Tornado, we replace the fan and use different S/N unit to return to the customer.

The RMA was for Super Tornado, for a lady with an address in Texas, who said the problem is a Fan Dead. She requested the RMA on 10/1/03. We received it on 10/6/03 and returned it on 10/06/03.

Please let me know if above info. is good enough or not. I remembered she called and said Super Tornado is good PSU, her husband loved it. She understood few units had problem. She want to replaced it. That's all.
So it was a real RMA'd Tornado serial #, but doesn't really sound like this was anyone within driving distance of Seattle... (which is where digitX claimed to go to see/hear the Apple G5 in one of his posts, IIRC.) :?:

MGP

Post by MGP » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:34 pm

digitX :arrow: S H A D Y

Hmmm...something's rotten in the state of Denmark. :D

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:14 pm

There's no reason for digitX to run off; no one accused him of anything, just respectfully asked him a few questions. It's like being searched by airport security after 9/11 but less annoying.

DigitX, I KNOW you're reading this; defend yourself!

Watch out for newbies posting complaints about Seasonic... I'm NOT making an accusation, but it'd be what I'd do, if I were Peter Kim and had been caught twice. Judging by digitX's extremely suspicious behavior, I'd say it was him.

Smiling, damned villain!

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:37 pm

:oops: Apparently I was wrong (again). Sorry Trip. :(

For those of you who troll other sites' forums, keep an eye out for SilenX fanbois (especially those who diss Ahainx) who have "conversations" with apparently ignorant (but easily recruitable) users who may be asking questions about SilenX products. PK likes to talk to himself and his staff. :roll:

MGP

Post by MGP » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:56 pm

I just find it ridiculous how anyone caught before for spamming forum threads with false advertising could think he/she could re-register under a name almost EXACTLY like their previous one with the exception of 2 letters...w0w, Mr. Kim (if it's you)...w0w... :P

pangit
Patron of SPCR

Post by pangit » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:55 am

The thing is he's probably already registered under a couple of other, less obvious names (from other IP addresses too), and could be active in our forums even as we speak!!

We're all doooooooooomed!! ;-)

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:48 am

There have been a few newbies to the forums that have been rather annoying, but I wont name any names until im sure :D

Wedge

Post by Wedge » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:52 am

MGP wrote:I just find it ridiculous how anyone caught before for spamming forum threads with false advertising could think he/she could re-register under a name almost EXACTLY like their previous one with the exception of 2 letters...w0w, Mr. Kim (if it's you)...w0w... :P
Yeah I was thinking the same thing exactly. I mean, if it is PK or one of his staff, that name choice was a bit daring to say the least.

shunx

Post by shunx » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:11 am

pangit wrote:The thing is he's probably already registered under a couple of other, less obvious names (from other IP addresses too), and could be active in our forums even as we speak!!
I see that SilentPCReview has become a masquerade party...

MGP

Post by MGP » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:56 am

Hmmm...shunX...possible pattern/resemblence? :D

I would not be quick to generalize SPCR as a "Masquerade Party" buddy -- it's just that SilenX owner PK and/or his shady business associates. MikeC and others have worked hard to make SPCR what it is today (I know this as I was one of the first members to come across this website when one of its first reviews was done by Mike Hipp on the Dell Optiplex machine on now-defunk RedMule.com), and it is VERY irritating to watch such as repectable business/website go down due to some greedy PSU vendor. NOTE TO SilenX (and possibly the suddenly-silenced digitX): Your ludacris actions have severely tainted your brand's recognition among the computing community, and you need to realize this. If you actually spend your time making fake posts to keep business afloat, maybe you need to try you hand at another career. Seriously.

shunx

Post by shunx » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:55 pm

MGP wrote:Hmmm...shunX...possible pattern/resemblence? :D
Note to self: "OMG, they got me AGAIN! Must invent another name!"

Hey, let's call out everyone here whose last letter is an "X"! A witch hunt exclusive to SPCR :wink:

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:06 pm

MGP wrote:... the suddenly-silenced digitX...
shunx wrote:... A witch hunt exclusive to SPCR ...
The Ex-Files :?:

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:48 pm

dukla typed the letter "X"! He's a witch! Burn him!

MGP

Post by MGP » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:04 pm

OMG this is great guys. By the way, digitX, where are you? Aren't you gonna stand up and state your innocence? Or should be continue to flame (heheh :twisted: :wink: ) every member from now on who ends their login with the letter "X?" :?: