Silent EATX (E-ATX) Case?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Firebrand

Silent EATX (E-ATX) Case?

Post by Firebrand » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Can anyone recommend a good EATX (E-ATX) case, which has:
- Good organization, lots of space for drives,
- Room for top radiator above a Ryzen 1950x motherboard,
- Room for a bottom power box,
- Push-pull large quiet fans oriented,
- At least 2 USB 3 front ports preferred.
- No preference on glass panels or lights (work machine).

For 3D graphic design work, I want to make a:
- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X system with
- 2 * MSI GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z 11B.

I have a noise-sensory disorder and the quieter the better.

Thank you.

Gunbuster

Re: Silent EATX (E-ATX) Case?

Post by Gunbuster » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Looks like the BeQuiet! Dark Base 900 or Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev. B fit the bill. I would say the FT02, but it won't take those monster GPUs, 32cm in length. Both of the above will support those with all the cages in, but I would think about getting some clear airflow in.

Abula

Post by Abula » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:27 pm

You are going to need a very good water cooling case, i would suggest to look into CASELABS, if i ever requiere such a high end setup i would certainly go with a case from them.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Gunbuster wrote:Looks like the BeQuiet! Dark Base 900 or Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev. B fit the bill. I would say the FT02, but it won't take those monster GPUs, 32cm in length. Both of the above will support those with all the cages in, but I would think about getting some clear airflow in.
Thanks, these are great suggestions! :D

SinisterBirds

Post by SinisterBirds » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:07 am

I've been searching for a replacement for the Fractal Design Define S for my 1950x video workstation build, since it can't fit EATX, and I want to convert to nVME for scratch, cache, and program disks. The ASUS card looks great for this..

I want to mount my Enermax Liqtech 360mm AIO cooler as an intake, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid as exhaust. Going liquid for quiet more than OC.

I don't need much drive storage, especially if it has spots for 2.5" behind the motherboard tray. Imagine using a lot of nVME and a DAS. I prefer the case itself to be empty as possible.

I'm willing to do my own sound treatment. I am interested in a window panel only to check on the water cooling. Nice but not necessary.

I've read mixed things about the Phantex 400 S, both for sound and cable management. The above cases are not suitable for my 360 cooler, ans as nice as CaseLabs is, spending money doesn't give me more money to spend. My budget is focused on the inside. I'm trying to keep the case below $200. Cheaper is better.

I love the 780T's looks. The 400 S with tempered glass looks goos, and i wouldn't mind blocking some of the glass with treatment, and I might be able to run cables thru the drive plates. But I can't find pictures of a build for an idea