The Ultimate Computer Chair....

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

wim

Post by wim » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:57 pm

how about this one? feels great on my abs! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9_amg-A ... re=related

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:06 pm

:lol:

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:29 pm

wim wrote:how about this one? feels great on my abs! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9_amg-A ... re=related
:shock:

Not sure that will improve efficiency :wink:
Think I might get seasick. Or dizzy at least.

yefi

Post by yefi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:14 am

Hm, I bet if I put some 800 grit on it I could use it to lap my heatsink. (Er no, no double entendres.)

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Post by N7SC » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:35 pm

The Herman Miller dealer found their "B" sized Aeron and I've exchanged the big "C" size one for it today. There is quite a difference, and the "B" is a much better fit for me. It is noticably smaller than the "C" was, and much more comfortable for me, even though I am just a bit over 6' tall. This one does not have the Posturefit thing, but only a plain old lumbar support.

I'll post a follow-up on this in a few days or so, as right now I have only been using the "B" size Aeron for a few minutes, but the difference is dramatic. Getting the right size of Aeron is critical, and most of the dealers seem pretty accommodating about it.

BTW, the dealer suggests that I keep this chair for two weeks, then return it and pick up a Mirra loaner to check that out for two weeks before I decide what I like best. Geez, I wish more places that sell stuff were this nice about it!

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Post by N7SC » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:37 am

Update: Have had a Mirra chair from the local Herman Miller dealer since Monday evening. Love it! My 23-year-old daughter and I think it has much better back support than the Aeron. Much more comfortable. Even my price-conscious wife liked the Mirra, although she thought it looked a bit too big for our Florida Room. Her comment on the Aeron was "I could never be comfortable in a chair that expensive." And, icing on the cake, the Mirra comes in lots more colors than the Aeron, so you can order one that is not so office-looking. Is less expensive too.

Sadly I only get to keep the Mirra for a few more days, but if I buy a top-line office chair it will probably be a Mirra. That is a BIG "if," though, as I may decide to build custom stereo/bookcases with some arrangement that lets me work, either on the computer or other stuff, from a regular house furniture type chair.

Willy Higinbotham

Post by Willy Higinbotham » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:09 am

I have a Vitra Ypsilon. It wasn't cheap, but it was one of the best 'investments' that I made. Designed by Mario Bellini, one of my favorite designers. It received Red Dot award in 2002 in product design category.

nick705

Post by nick705 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:32 am

Willy Higinbotham wrote:I have a Vitra Ypsilon. It wasn't cheap, but it was one of the best 'investments' that I made. Designed by Mario Bellini, one of my favorite designers. It received Red Dot award in 2002 in product design category.
I googled for Vitra Ypsilon, thought it looked nice, and then I saw the price tag. It's taken several large shots of Caol Ila to steady my nerves...

Willy Higinbotham

Post by Willy Higinbotham » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:54 am

Heh, yes, it isn't cheap. But I see that as an investment. I spend a lot of time in front of the computer, so a chair with endless adjustment possibilites to be able to sit comfortable was important for me.

As for the cost, well, given the years that I'll be using it, it's not that bad. It's already been 5 years since I bought it and I'm guessing that I'll be owning it for another couple of years. It makes like a couple of hundreds bucks a year.

modeper

eames chair

Post by modeper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:03 pm

i am looking to buy the eames lounge chair, cheap and best anyone?

modeper

Post by modeper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:04 pm

this is the cheapest i could find http://regencyshop.com/p64/EZ-Lounge-Ch ... _info.html

is there anything i should watch out for?

LindaValdez

Re: The Ultimate Computer Chair....

Post by LindaValdez » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:58 am

Obviously, it is a Computer Chair that is enough for daily office use not for game player. I bought Arozzi Monz. I am more inclined to the high back game chair, which is really comfortable for long games. It's much cheaper than the DX Racer, plus its vinyl/tread, so it can be wiped off, unlike the cheapest DX, which is a very durable fabric, but still a fabric that won't wipe clean.

[Mod: removed gratuitous link]

sunitapr

Post by sunitapr » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:04 pm

It would appear that it would be agreeable for staring at the television or perusing however may be no picnic for the back in the wake of sitting at the console some time.

RobinSm89

Post by RobinSm89 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:37 am

I want to share my experience. I've bought Logitech G X Herman Miller Embody Gaming Chair and there are some problems. I'm a little sad -- they missed like, the best part of the thing. the weird back is made that way so the whole back will twist with you, so even if you ARE sitting with shit posture, you still get supported. Seriously, sit in that chair and lean back and left or back and right. it's magic

pati.trip

Post by pati.trip » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:27 am

for me, the office desk just saved my life during this lockdown time... I was using a normal chair and it was horrible, lucky me that the company allows us to take home the ones we are using from the office, it is an OFM ESS. For those that still looking for a new one, I can pass you this collection of chairs with the price compared, that I was using until I got new from my office that I can use the one from the office.

Kigero

Post by Kigero » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:26 am

I ordered Secretlab Omega last week it should be delivered to my Thai home property here before New Year. It's not very cheap but has a lot of good reviews in the internet. When I try it out personally I will write here my honest opinion about it.