There is no such thing as silent PC

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Japanese Capacitor

Re: There is no such thing as silent PC

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:26 am

I asked you, ,,what does it mean to be fond?" :] Yeah, I can check it in dictionary, but I still don't get what you wanted to say.
JVM wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:36 am
Well, the MB will be Asus z590a if that has any bearing on whether or not it is i5 11400 or i7 11700. Does that have an effect on your recommendation?
I would start with I don't like that these guys sell locked (non-K) CPUs on Z590 motherboard. The only advantage Z590-A offers over B560 ones is option to overclock K-chip, which they don't even offer you... Add to this that Z590 are significantly more expensive boards and in addition this Asus is quite pricey compared to others Z ones and what it represents. If you wonder, B560 isn't some cheaper garbage for third world, but being able to offer the same quality just reasonable choice for somebody buying non-K chip.

Z590-A is less conservative about Power Limits, but it really doesn't matter, if it's just webbrowsing and chess computer. This CPUs paired with strong GPU and running demanding games pulls <100W, so conclude that with 11700 this passive cooler will just need to deal with another 10W of power than 11400 in such gaming scenario, which according to your words won't even happen.

I forgot my thought about you using case fans in summer with passive build. If you need to do it in terms of needing to lower your CPU's temps to comfortable ones and then fans need to run that fast that you can even slightly hear them - leave this approach. If something like will be needed with new computer we discuss, just buy yourself this thing: https://www.scytheus.com/ninja5
I personally use it with my 9700K, so can guarantee that you won't hear it with two fans running 500, maybe even 600 rpm without sticking your ear to it as normal people don't. Due to it's construction left fan will also serve as case's exhaust fan. So staying literally silent then it will just kill your passive cooler + case fans thermally. No joking - maybe due to your age you use some hearing enhancement, which when you sit next to your computer lets you detect cougar sneaking into your neightbours garden... than I can't discuss :]

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:01 am

I have a ninja in my old computer that is not working. Video card #3 has died after just 4 days. Fond as in you are not particularly enamored with, for sure not one of your favorites. This I am typing on my cell phone with old and wrinkled fingers.

I don't use any type of hearing assistance. I can hear my PS5 fan from 14 feet away.

If you liked the Meshify C case filters, then I would say You appear to be fond of those filters.

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:13 am

I didn't say using rear case fan or any fan for passive build. I use a front fan 92mm Nexus in my present build in summer. I have always used rear case fan in my builds. That will changed in new passive build where I wil not use any fans--not even psu with fan.

After Meshify C starts to burn up and house is on fire and fire dept comes too late. I will build new house and new computer.

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:45 am

Now I get it with these filters ;) Definitely I'm not enamored with Meshify C's filters, because it has only one type I like on the bottom and two I don't like, but without case fans in your configuration it shouldn't matter. Just remove the dust from this on the top more frequently in case of dicreasing frequency of cleaning interior, but nothing to really care with fanless build.

With mentioned by you case fans and not strict names of components I assumed that you have some older passive build, where you install fans only during summer. Especially that Ninja further suggested me that as this line has quite long history and - if I'm not wrong - first iterations were sold without fan or with fan marketed rather as something optional for ones, who won't find just heatsink enough. I linked you the newest, fifth iteration of Ninja as something one of the kind, which like every cooler can be used passive, but it's fans have quite wide range of inaudible speeds, this thing is damn big, so less job for fans and construction suggest rather it being meant to be active cooler due to high density of fins - shortly more cooling power still staying silent as passive one. Just know about it as in need of dicreasing CPU temps in passive build it's better idea than mixing passive cooler with case fans: thermally, acoustically and dustially - now such word exist :D

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:26 am

My ninja is huge--and I at first installed a fan on it that was removed years ago. So you are not fond of asus z590a nor Meshify front and top filters. I just received a letter delivered by USS postal Express from Mr. Meshify himself. In it he expresses much despair at your evaluation of his filters. Nonetheless he insists he will carry on making filters that you don't like. The reason he goes on to say is because he likes to annoy Japanese capacitors.

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:52 am

Mr. Meshify've never had much to say. I told Mr Fractal to do what is needed with him - remove from this world and replace with one with only filters I like - Meshify 2 Compact. Probably there're some from his tribe left in this world, but they won't last forever :]

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:09 am

So you have communicated with Fractal Meshify. Well, at least you expressed your meshifyable opinion to him, and now he knows what to do.

May peace be with you.

Signed,

JVM
Juckal Vactal Meshify

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:15 am

Come back to tell, how you like your new pc!

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:56 am

Yes, I will, but it likely won't get here for at least a few weeks. Maybe I will take some pictures while it's new and free of dust. Can't wait too long because cat hair and flying dust may cover the whole thing up.