There is no such thing as silent PC

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Japanese Capacitor

Re: There is no such thing as silent PC

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:53 am

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 am

I don't quite follow what is suggested. Instructions not clear to me when I attempt to follow.

On another note, I see Intel Graphics Command is disabled on startup. When I asked the pc builder about that, he said Windows prefers/likes to control that--and that's why it is disabled.
Also, in Task Manager under Performance Virtualization is disabled.

Any comments?

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:14 am

Something very strange has occurred, the ice pipe color light has disappeared! That was the most annoying light of all and now it's gone! Is that a bad sign or what?!

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 am

If you are not able to follow step by step instruction shown in my link, you have to live with this password.
JVM wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 am
I don't quite follow what is suggested. Instructions not clear to me when I attempt to follow.

On another note, I see Intel Graphics Command is disabled on startup. When I asked the pc builder about that, he said Windows prefers/likes to control that--and that's why it is disabled.

Any comments?
No comments, because I think you make yourself not needed problems. Does anything in your computer work not as it should? If so, speak not with me, but person, who've build your computer and possibly made some tweaks you wouldn't want. Or just reinstall your Windows, set bios to default and do everything, how you think it should be done.

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:24 pm

Japanese Capacitor wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 am
If you are not able to follow step by step instruction shown in my link, you have to live with this password.
JVM wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 am

Any comments?
No comments, because I think you make yourself not needed problems. Does anything in your computer work not as it should? If so, speak not with me, but person, who've build your computer and possibly made some tweaks you wouldn't want. Or just reinstall your Windows, set bios to default and do everything, how you think it should be done.
Well, with regard to Intel Graphics command, I don't know what to do except follow what builder said about it and why they disabled it. I asked him about what I thought was NoFan Ice pipe LED and he said there isn't an LED there. Anyway, since that was the most annoying lighting in the case, I'm glad it's gone--whatever it was :)

No comments, eh? What happened, Japanese Capacitor burned out? :P

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:46 pm

I told you, why no comment - just be happy with your new computer and be happy if it doesn't cause any problems :] Good thing about custom pcs like yours is that they're usually sold with aftersale service, so you can ask them whatever instead of solving it yourself. Like you could ask them about turning off leds you don't like or this password and they should guide you step by step :> If I were you, I would ask them, if they only built your computer and installed here clean Windows or they did anything more like e.g. installed any programs (possibly garbage they got paid for) or did any additional tweaks in bios or Windows.

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:13 pm

I know how to turn off LEDs--stated in previous post to you.

I was asking you questions because you seemed to be knowledgeable about computers. Thus, I wanted to know your opinion and expertise on stuff. I am very happy with the computer, even more happy now that they raised the price by 70 dollars!

Look, it's not often I get to speak with someone so full of computer knowledge. In fact, it's not often I get to speak with any human! Most, practically all my friends have passed away. So sad all those guys dying at such an early age of middle seventies and below. Now I do talk to my cats, but they just nod and don't say anything. Of course, they could be like you in that they don't have any comments. 8)

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:24 am

Fine, but I'm just not the best one to ask questions about your computer due to I'm not the one, who've built it and possibly made some changes. But if this guy've made some changes to default state of Windows or your hardware, I can say my opinion, but I need to know them first. Also don't expect from me to know everything, because people interested in computers and knowing much about just everything connected to them rather don't exist or at least I don't know such. It's like, let's say, history - you know great european one, you know even better ones of few countries here, because they just naturaly passionate you, but you don't care about USA or some african country to the point where you just know nothing about some places - the same as person, who generally just know nothing about history. That's why you can ask me about hardware, but don't ask me about perpipherals (due to no interest in this market, I don't know, which e.g. keyboards, speakers or monitors are right now worth buying) or software (I hate this topic, it's so damn boring, so all I know are things I needed to know, because I've had some problem). I think that's how knowledge about everything works ;)

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:05 am

Oh, you're so modest. Anyway, I am loving this computer. Internet speed has increased over 100 Mbps. What I never addressed is how the computer arrived. Well, they used extreme care in packaging it and double-boxed it and shipped by UPS--free shipping.

So, as to the topic name of this thread, yes, there is such a thing as a silent PC. Whether someone wants it or not is a different topic.

Anyway, thank you for all your help.