Motherboards with CPU diode temperature monitoring

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Old Dude

Motherboards with CPU diode temperature monitoring

Post by Old Dude » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:42 am

I really like the idea of listing undervoltable motherboards in the Recommended section but I would also like to see a list of motherboards with the option of monitoring the temperature of the CPU directly from it's diode. It's not always too easy to find out in the specs of a mobo if CPU diode monitoring is supported. In case my suggestion will be supported here is one motherboard for a start: Soltek SL-75FRN2-L which is my current mobo, basing on the nForce2 chipset. I know that Soltek has other motherboards too having CPU diode monitoring.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:23 am

Actually there's an easier way: MBM 5's motherboard list Just look up a prospective motherboard on there, and see if it lists a diode sensor for the CPU.

For example, your motherboard is listed as:

Board: SL75 FRN2 L
Sensor Chip: W83697HF
Case Sensor: Winbond 1
CPU Sensor: LM90 (remote) for diode + LM90 (local) for socket

axhind

Post by axhind » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:23 am

The Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 definitely has probe-reading too. For me, it's about 10° hotter then the socket-sensor.

luminous
Patron of SPCR

Post by luminous » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:45 pm

I using an Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 with Uber BIOS. My diode temps are 20C higher than socket sensor.

We all know that these temps can be inaccurate. TBH with my diode temp being so high (68C under load) its caused quite a lot of concern. My case temps are 35C and socket is 48C (all under full load). Since my machine is running fine I wish I had never found out how hot my diode is. All it has done is get me worried......