(other) news from Computex '05

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Green Shoes
*Lifetime Patron*

(other) news from Computex '05

Post by Green Shoes » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:08 am

Computex is a huge show and there's a lot of cool stuff that's being unveiled besides the AOpen mac-mini clone (although that's pretty cool too :wink: ). This thread was started to discuss all the other stuff; info on Computex can be found just about anywhere, but here's a link just to get you started. Especially check out the cooling section (I think pages seven and eight).

I'll start: the news that has caught my attention the most is that all of the new ATi chipsets/mobos can have passively cooled heatsinks, even with those dinky little ATi numbers you see in the pics; a NB47J should really keep you in the clear. I am also interested in the new watercooling solutions that were shown (specifically the Reserater 1 Plus) and that HUGE new 9500 cooler from Zalman.

Any comments/other cool things?

shigaloo

Post by shigaloo » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:03 am

looks like asus has a passive heatpipe nforce4 board

and possibly the biggest let down

"We mentioned in our first coverage of Shuttle's Pentium M solution at CES that the solution was going to launch with support for a CableCard reader. The CableCard reference design is complete and is ready to go into the next version of Media Center Edition, however it seems that concerns over DRM are preventing it from coming to market. Despite the product being done, it doesn't look like this XPC will be able to launch with CableCard support by the end of this year."

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:57 pm

shigaloo wrote:looks like asus has a passive heatpipe nforce4 board

(picture snipped)...
Enjoy search result...