Any Experience with Scythe Thermo Non-Contact Thermometer

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Geod
Friend of SPCR

Any Experience with Scythe Thermo Non-Contact Thermometer

Post by Geod » Tue May 27, 2008 6:59 am

Hi,

In the recent sales flyer for the online store I visit, I see some sort of infared thermometer produced by Scythe. I would like to know if anyone has used them and if their accuracy is any good.

Thanks

Felger Carbon

Post by Felger Carbon » Sat May 31, 2008 3:39 pm

I've used it. Accuracy seems OK. Not a "tight beam", there's a fairly wide beam to the infrared thermal sensor so you need to measure big objects or hold the thermometer close to the object measured. Mine does not work if not plugged into USB; it may simply be that the supplied lithium battery is discharged. While in use my unit switched from F to C units somehow and for the life of me I can't figger how, or how to switch it back. I mean, there aren't 37 controls on this here thang! :(

bryan_d

Post by bryan_d » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 pm

I use the Micro Temp MT-100, and it too has a very short distance for achieving best readings. (Distance-to-Sight Ratio is 1:1) Basically the object must be an inch away to get the best reading.

Odd that F.C. does not have a way to change the Temperature Degree reading. I know on my MT-100, there is a little button to press with a needle to change to F° vs C°. Nevermind... read this:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... eless.html

"The Kama Thermo Wireless measures both Celsius and Fahrenheit by simply holding the button for three second when power is off to switch from one to the other."

Very powerful tool to have in any computer tool box... granted my nice overclocks for my 7900GS!

Bryan d