I have the worst luck, UPS misdelivered my artic cooling vga

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Compddd

I have the worst luck, UPS misdelivered my artic cooling vga

Post by Compddd » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:49 pm

Silencer to someone else. Hooray for UPS!

chylld

Post by chylld » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:06 pm

i thought I had the same problem, but with "australia air express" down here in sydney. they said my adsl modem had been delivered to someone called "PAT" and no one (that i know of) in my house is called pat.

turns out pat is some dude at the post office to whom the package was sent since AAE decided they couldn't (be bothered to) find my house.

ring up UPS and ask them about it asap, hopefully you'll get it before xmas!

al bundy

Re: I have the worst luck, UPS misdelivered my artic cooling

Post by al bundy » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:01 am

Compddd wrote:Silencer to someone else. Hooray for UPS!
Hopefully they wrapped it and put a big Christmas bow on it!

8)

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:31 am

If something like that was ever going to happen, this time of year would be when it does. Those guys are incredibly busy right now. The last 2 packages I've got from UPS over the past few days were delivered at 7:30 PM and 8:30 PM! Normal delivery time for me is around noon!

chylld

Post by chylld » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:03 am

egad.. i'm expecting a delivery tomorrow! I wonder what time it'll get here

Compddd

Post by Compddd » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:49 am

Well this is just great, I contacted UPS again and they said I will have to wait 1-8 business days for the investigation, they said to contact Scythe to see what they could do, so I called the phone # listed on Scythe's website and the lady who answered said she doesnt know what Scythe is.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:16 pm

Compddd wrote:Well this is just great, I contacted UPS again and they said I will have to wait 1-8 business days for the investigation, they said to contact Scythe to see what they could do, so I called the phone # listed on Scythe's website and the lady who answered said she doesnt know what Scythe is.
I just called their number (310-792-8682) and the lady that answered the phone said she's the phone operator for the building that Scythe is in and that they're not in right now. She thought that maybe they're closed for the holidays. It says "Plese e-mail us for questions" right next to the phone number so perhaps they don't really want to talk on the phone.

marc999
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by marc999 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:51 pm

UPS sucks some extreme a$$. Since this occured
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=5357
I've had two packages delivered (not by my choice of course). Both have been screwed up, which isn't surprising. The latest was the best. I received an email from the shipper with the tracking number, and in it was the destination address. I noticed an error so I called in to get it corrected. The first day I called was too early, something about the package still in the billing stage. The next day I called and I was told there were no gurantees that the edit to the shipping address would be made, and to call back the day it was to be delivered to make sure. Great, a multinational shipping company that doesn't have systems in place to edit an address!! With computers and the Internet, I don't know how this is even possible, even if you were trying to build from the ground up the worst shipping company EVER. I don't understand how these yahoos stay in business. And of course, when things go wrong (notice the choice of the word "when" as opposed to "if") they make no effort to get it right and show no sort of remorse. Anyway, the package was finally delivered, but a day late (even though it was an Expedited package).

Compddd

Post by Compddd » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:59 pm

I paid 8.50$ to these morons to get my package from San Fran to San Diego and I dont even have my package, Im starting to get pissed off.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:53 pm

They all screw up sometime.

I've heard horror stories of all kinds for UPS, FedEx, USPS, and many others.

You ought to try dealing with direct freight companies (Yellow, Consolidated, CDX, been too long to remember others I worked with). I got to do that when I did freight for a large auto parts store. They'd misdeliver all kinds of stuff. And I probably refused shipment on about 10% of the things delivered because they'd been trashed. For their part though, the individual drivers were always very cool to work with.

mpteach

stup ups tracking #'s

Post by mpteach » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:14 pm

newegg.com uses fedex and ive never had anyproblem except them delivering the package earlier than they estimated. The online tracking works great.

I just ordered stuff from sites that use UPS and their tracking numbers dont work. Guess im just going to have to wait and see when the stuff comes in.

Compddd

Post by Compddd » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:20 pm

Just got this email from Scythe, looks like UPS is run by morons, hope this gets settled soon.

Greetings from Scythe USA, Inc. Hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your message, and we are now in contact with UPS customer service to find out why the package was left at your front door. We did not request to leave the package without your signature (signature waiver).

Please wait a few days to let us work with UPS, and if we do not get any satisfactory response from UPS, we will ship another unit to your attention.

Please let me know if you have any questions or require any further information, and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Hiro Komi
Scythe USA, Inc.

chylld

Post by chylld » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:25 pm

It's good to see that Scythe is on it.

AAE (Australia Air Express) did a similar thing with me a month ago when delivering my ACVS - I saw the AAE van drive up to my house, the driver got out, stood around for a bit and then drove off!

I had to go pick my stuff up from the post office.

engseng

Post by engseng » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:35 pm

After hearing all your horror stories, I'm now having second thoughts about using UPS and FedEx. I considered buying silent PC stuff from overseas, but seems that now isn't the right time to do so. Plus the shipping and tax will be expensive!

chylld

Post by chylld » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:42 pm

Don't be totally afraid my fellow Malaysian (heh)... not all companies are bad. Australia Post has always delivered on time, as has US Post. On the same day (sometime last month) I ordered something from Melbourne (via AAE) and another thing from America (via US Post) and the package from America got to me first, and with a few days to spare! :)

What I'm trying to say is, give it a shot, the worst that can really happen is a little delay and an unplanned trip to the post office.

Compddd

Post by Compddd » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:49 pm

Or they can lose your package and claim that signiture was never requested by the vendor :(

mpteach

Post by mpteach » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:57 pm

I agree with chylld, a little delay is no real problem. Delays and defects happen, you just have to take your chances.

I think its much more anoying when you order something and it doesnt work. I ordered a Bytec external Hard drive enclosure from newegg. The stupid thing didnt even turn on so i had to pay to send it back. After they recieved it it took a few days of proccesing and then they sent me a new one. The whole process took a few weeks. I realized that i accidentlaly forgot to send back the psu HEHE.

We dont live in a perfect world, sometime you can buy bad products in regular stores. My nissan maxima had defective rotors. But thats what warantees are for.

mpteach

Post by mpteach » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:58 pm

to clarify my last post the enclosure was defective, but i accidentally forgot to send back all of its components.

Jan Kivar
Friend of SPCR

Post by Jan Kivar » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:11 am

Our national post is quite reliable. One time though they sent my packet 120 km off... It was shocking to open the tracking page, and see that it was listed received there. After an hour the next entry appeared; the post had sent it back from there. I received the packet two days later.

Cheers,

Jan

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:01 am

They all screw up occaisionally. They deliver a lot of packages so the odds will catch up with them now and then.

I get a lot of packages delivered to me, most all are UPS or FedEx. Here's just a few of the things that have happened to me recently:

-First of all, I live in Southern California.

1) FedEx. Package was shipped from New Jersey. I tracked it across the country using the FedEx online tracking results. Delivery day came and it showed as "on truck for delivery" but it never came. At the end of the day the online tracking results changed to show that the package was actually in Kentucky! I called and bitched and they got it to me the next day. (it actually was in Kentucky even though the tracking results showed it working it's way across the US!)

2) UPS. Package shipped to me from Florida. Watched the online tracking results and after 2 days it showed package was at a location in Montgomery, Alabama. Next thing it showed was that it was out of delivery. That's 2500 miles away from me! Called UPS and after serveral more phone calls found that it actually was out for delivery in Alabama!. It eventually got to me. The address on the package was clearly made out to me in CA so I don't know why it ever went out for delivery in Alabama!

3) UPS. Another package shipped from Fla to me, it also went out for delivery in Alabama before I caught it.

4) UPS and FedEx. Many, many times they knock on the door, throw the package on the ground and actually jog down my long driveway back to their truck without ever waiting to see if someone's home. UPS is worse about this than FedEx.

chylld

Post by chylld » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:47 am

Ralf Hutter wrote:4) UPS and FedEx. Many, many times they knock on the door, throw the package on the ground and actually jog down my long driveway back to their truck without ever waiting to see if someone's home. UPS is worse about this than FedEx.
that happened to me this morning with my sunbeam rheobus :) i mean yesterday morning.. it's the morning of christmas day here and i'm staying up as late as possible so i'm not the first one to go downstairs and sit by the tree eagerly awaiting to open presents!

MERRY XMAS!

Compddd

Post by Compddd » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:07 am

No Artic Cooling VGA Silencer for me this christmas it looks like :(

chylld

Post by chylld » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:33 pm

Consider it a rather belated xmas present then!

Have a merry christmas dude, there's more to christmas than an upgraded hsf for your video card. :D