endpcnoise.com smells

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mpteach

endpcnoise.com smells

Post by mpteach » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:18 pm

I just got my box, i bough accoustipak foam, some round cables, fans heats sinks etc. But mostly the box wat fill the the acoutic stuff.

After cutting through all the clear tape and opening the package i noticed an odor waftting out.

Now i cant get with 3 feet of my box without smelling Dead Fish!!!!

Maybe they borrowed boxes from a salmon farm or something but this reaks!!!!

Has anyone else had a silent odor problem???

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:57 am

The AcoustiPack does have a slight odor at first but it went away quickly for me and it gives off no odor once it's installed and the system is running. I took mine out of it's plastic bag and within one or two days the smell was completely gone.

mpteach

Post by mpteach » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:20 am

I left mine to air overnight and now i cant smell it unless i guet my nose within about an inch of the stuff. I would agree that within the first hour the smell died down considerably.

bigred
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by bigred » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:44 pm

Speaking of smells my box of stuff from QuietPC reeked of cigarettes as soon as I opened it. It went away within a half hour, but thats not very professional...

mpteach

Post by mpteach » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:57 am

Hmm good point. Online vendors never get rated on their mysterious odor producing capaicity.

Well computer vendors anyways, i expect pefume to smell but not computers. Mabye we should sell computers that smell like roses, and if the system starts to get really hot then you will enjoy the aroma of oranges.

mpteach

Post by mpteach » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:59 am

Odors are a really big deal.
Ever see how much insuranc companies spend to get rid of smells after a house fire, Everything has to be sealed, its kinda nasty. i work for my dad, and he used to take on insurance work.

Gooserider

Post by Gooserider » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:01 pm

Well I know you can buy "New Car Smell" maybe there's a business opportunity for "New Computer Smell" juice of some sort? Or perhaps just an aromatherapy oil holder to put on top of the PSU? :cool:

Gooserider

AzN jonzOrz

Post by AzN jonzOrz » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:20 pm

well doesn't the abit digidice sff have this kind of deal? Theres a little cup hooked up to a heatpipe cpu cooler so when it is warmed, the oil goes into the air like glade plug-ins.

Plug-it in plug it in... :oops:

Cosine

Post by Cosine » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:26 pm