New SPCR design & management

Site announcements, news, stuff you should read. Start here.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Japanese Capacitor

Re: New SPCR design & management

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:50 pm

More than one year later, GN still don't test fans. Maybe they are busy people, but I would suspect this machinery turned out being too complicated for their trying hard to make an impression of being pro crew. Bad thing is, this machinery was funded by supporters... Luckily we have great Aris Mpitziopoulos who probably knows how to use it:

https://hwbusters.com/cooling/cooler-ma ... an-review/

psiu

Post by psiu » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:56 am

Looks like GN has been working hard. Pt 1 (of 3!) video describing the ~$250,000 hemi-anechoic chamber they built for testing products in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUqYTenB2A0

I wonder how the testing will be incorporated into their existing content. Will it be a feature of it's own (ala SPCR heyday), doing a video focusing on a roundup of heatsinks/cases/fans, or just integrated into their current review format. Long term, I'm most excited about the fact that they intend to make the written desktop articles an equal to the videos.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:54 am

It's great to see they recovered/moved forward with another test chamber. Can't wait to see what the baseline noise spectrum looks like. I haven't seen/heard any mention of returning to written content..

Japanese Capacitor

Post by Japanese Capacitor » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:08 am

I hope GN will know how to use it. At worse they'll place here their also funded by viewers fancy fan testing machinery they don't know how to use. Or at best it seems like that due to so much time has passed since they introduced it and their upcoming the best in the industry fan reviews.