Zotac GeForce 8200-ITX WiFi: A Compact AM2 Solution

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
QuietOC

Post by QuietOC » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:47 am

__Miguel_ wrote:First things first, what hardware are you using?
The same hardware as the Sempron system that draws 28W at idle from the wall.

__Miguel_

Post by __Miguel_ » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:52 am

QuietOC wrote:
The same hardware as the Sempron system that draws 28W at idle from the wall.
Which means, 2.5'' HDD and a Pico (only way I know to go that low idling), so that leaves only the motherboard. Or some sort of software glitch that prevents the CPU of entering very low power states (like C4E). Or both :P

Either way, that's a weird result. Maybe the guys over at Tom's Hardware had luck on their side? Or *gasp* they weren't measuring power draw at the socket, but after the PSU?

:? :? :?

Cheers.

Miguel

QuietOC

Post by QuietOC » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:55 am

The same hardware as the Sempron system that draws 28W at idle from the wall. Those are both idle numbers with no HD (just unplugged it hot). No, not even remotely a PicoPSU. I posted the efficiency curve of the PS. Sure it doesn't go low enough, but, sure, maybe 50 to 65% at these loads.

I have 2 different 3-phase VRM G31 motherboards with an E5200 and an E7200. Wolfdales are wonderfully efficient processors for horribly inefficient chipsets. I have to think it is the FSB design. Intel's mobile chipsets can be quite a bit better (My Eee PC can idle at 5W at the wall). Still those are horrible compared to what AMD and nVidia have for K8s.

A small form factor Geforce 8200 motherboard like this makes a lot more sense than the Geforce 9x00 chipset (aka Ion) + Intel. I wonder how well a Athlon LE-1660 would do compared to the 4850e. It's too bad AMD is not going to die shrink K8s to 45nm.

idale

Post by idale » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:41 am

Just put together a Linux system around this board and an LE-1640 to replace my ancient Socket A system (that seemed to be starting to get flaky on me). "Sensors" doesn't seem to be able to find anything, as all I get is two core temperatures, which are both -28C. The NB heatsink gets rather warm to the touch, so I'm hoping to somehow get some at least reasonable data, to see if temps are out of line or if it's nothing to worry about.

Is anyone aware of what temperature sensors are available on the board (if there's any reliable ones, that is), and a good way to get at them, assuming Linux as a primary OS? (Doesn't have to be a Linux-based solution, just that's what runs my server, so access to Windows-based solutions would be more difficult.)

For example, in the review SpeedFan looked like it did show a few temps (with likely the NB at 53C), though with how sensors are sometimes off, not sure if that's relevant or not. Lawrence just discussed the fan issue (later fixed), so hard for me to say there. Though it may be that he had similar temps as I've got (though it'd still be nice to verify for peace of mind's sake).

Shivansps2

Post by Shivansps2 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:09 am

Someone can post a GPU-Z Screen of the Zotac 8200-ITX? thanks.

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 am

idale wrote:Just put together a Linux system around this board ... "Sensors" doesn't seem to be able to find anything...
idale - have you resolved this? If not, what BIOS version do you have? nd what version of Linux/sensors? Reason for my interest is I am considering swapping down to an ITX system and have this mobo on the list of possibles.

From the ZOTAC website it seems N0619WZT is about latest version, dated June 2009.