OCed p150 / nexus damptek / xp90 **updated w/ jing ting HS**

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

raziell

Post by raziell » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:05 pm

nice job man.... 8)

matva

Post by matva » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 am

i have recently updated my rig with a jing ting. i updated this thread with pics and my review if anyone is interested. let me know what you guys think.

nici

Post by nici » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:01 pm

Still looks very nice 8) Except for the rough edge on the fan hole.. :wink:

Are you still running without the extra power connectors on the mobo, or did you just remove them to get tidy pictures?

matva

Post by matva » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:36 pm

LOL thx

yeah, i'm still running w/o it. I'm also underpowered (PSU) according to DFI. Whatever:P

jozi

Post by jozi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:12 am

I've got nearly the same spec pc as you have, Solo instead of p150, diff gfx but also arctic cooler on it.

That chip set cooler jing ting thing, i wish a could get one for my rig. I cant see any supliers in ireland, uk or europe.

I have to RMA my psu (Ticking OCZ) before i do some cable tidying up.

Are you running front fans as well? How quiet is our whole rig? Ive all nexus except a papst on the sp90 (cant hear that anyway) and i can still hear it, not sure where its coming from yet.

Tidy case you have at least, given me some idea's for mine :D

Jozi

matva

Post by matva » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:27 am

first of all, the jing ting can be bought at http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/chchcojt.html which claims to be shipping around the world.

read my first post, it pretty much answers the rest. I am only running the exhaust fan, no front fans, and my system is pretty much silent. Just a slight whoosh. What does the rest of your system look like? how do you know the papst isn't contributing to the overall noise level?

anywayz, goodluck.

jozi

Post by jozi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:58 pm

Thanks for the link ill check it in a min.

I'm not sure actually how quiet the papst is in this case, i changed from a sonata with all papst where i couldnt hear it at any rmp. I must check it again.

I'm hopefully sending my psu of this week if i get round to it for rma, ill prob do a whole system rebuild when i get it back after my hols.

I'll give your first post a read again tomorrow when im less tired.