Yet another P180 build - Finished! :)

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

snq

Post by snq » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:15 am

mikeom1 wrote:haha I wish my PC ran that quiet ;)

I was actually wondering how you found the board layout of the Asus P5W DH Deluxe? I am debating between the Asus P5B Deluxe and P5W DH at the moment, and seeing as my new system would be so similiar to yours I thougth best to ask about your experiences with the board and layout. :)
I've had no problems with the layout, plenty of space everywhere. But then again I haven't attached too many things to it.
I'm looking at the P5Bs layout and it most of the stuff is in pretty much the same spot give or take a few cm. The only possible annoyance I can see with the P5B is the location of one of the CHA_FAN2 port, right next to the PCI-E slot.
I don't think the board's layout should affect the mobo choice tho, unless it's a really crappy and impossible layout maybe. But there's more important stuff like features and what chipset it has :)

mikeom1

Post by mikeom1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:17 am

snq wrote:

I was actually wondering how you found the board layout of the Asus P5W DH Deluxe? I am debating between the Asus P5B Deluxe and P5W DH at the moment, and seeing as my new system would be so similiar to yours I thougth best to ask about your experiences with the board and layout. :)
I've had no problems with the layout, plenty of space everywhere. But then again I haven't attached too many things to it.
I'm looking at the P5Bs layout and it most of the stuff is in pretty much the same spot give or take a few cm. The only possible annoyance I can see with the P5B is the location of one of the CHA_FAN2 port, right next to the PCI-E slot.
I don't think the board's layout should affect the mobo choice tho, unless it's a really crappy and impossible layout maybe. But there's more important stuff like features and what chipset it has :)
Sure you are right, thanks for your feedback. Can I ask what features attracted you to the board in particular? I'm definitely leaning the way of the P5W DH, but I see all these P5B builds and I'm wondering what I'm missing out on :)

snq

Post by snq » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 am

mikeom1 wrote:
snq wrote:

Sure you are right, thanks for your feedback. Can I ask what features attracted you to the board in particular? I'm definitely leaning the way of the P5W DH, but I see all these P5B builds and I'm wondering what I'm missing out on :)
The most important for me was that it was quad core ready, so plenty of room for upgrades later on. Other than that the NB cooling was good, but its the same on the P5B.
I had a really hard time picking the mainboard, but after reading a lot of reviews on a couple of different boards I still couldn't make up my mind, so I just ordered the P5W to get it over with ;)

mikeom1

Post by mikeom1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:09 am

Cool :)

As soon as the P182 is about to come into stock I'll order everything else, I can't wait! Well I can, I better start making a new thread in System advice 8)

DirtyLude

Post by DirtyLude » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:50 am

I would seriously consider changing the NB and SB cooling, it isn't that good and gets smoking hot when you put heavy load on it.

I have a very similar setup, with a modified older Zalman and have an HR-05 on the NB and regular Zalman cooler on the SB. It still gets hotter than I like.

DeMoB
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by DeMoB » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Wow,

That is the cleanest P180 I have ever seen!

Great job snq!

Dan