My New Build

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

My New Build

Post by thejamppa » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 am

Sorry for craptastic image quality. Its all I can do with phone camera.

Basic Layout of my new system

Here's small detail from cardboard air duct, which directs some air flow from Ninja into Asus M2N-E's mosfet heatsink

My Samsung Suspended. And no its not touching the Noctua fan although it may look like that:

Yes, there's small gap between HR-03 and Ninja, but still enough ^^:

And there's brief image frim back of my computer. The black Duct is Silverstone PSU Muffler, which I found from somehwere dirt cheap.

And here's my front panel detail, with Akasa Fan Controller JR, DVD-ram and between them is filtered gap to help in CPU cooling made by cutting 3,5" cover and placing simple material to filter it.

BIONIC_EARS

Post by BIONIC_EARS » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:19 am

Hmmm, I like that deflector idea for the MOSFET heatsink.

How is the hard drive suspended? The suspension is not really visible from that angle.

I'm going to shoot for silence with my next system, and you have some great components for passive/minimal active cooling. At what speeds are you running the fans? Minimum should be doable, no?

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:48 am

I used broken bike innertube tied with tip ties and leather cord to tie innertube suspension to top 5,25" drive bay and super structure of SLK3000B.

The back 800 RPM noctua I use 12v as its not audiable over the rest system. the 1200 rpm Scythe S-flex on Ninja I controll it with fan controller. Usually the fan is RPM'ing between 600~800 RPM's, current around 700 RPM. During Hot days etc I will turn knob fully and use it at 12v.

The front fan is Noctua 1200 rpm model with ULNA, around 550 to 600 RPM's.

The 120mm fan in my PSU is around 900 to 950 RPM's.

jaldridge6

Post by jaldridge6 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:57 am

Come on, you can't just throw us inside your computer without an establishing shot... we gotta see the whole case first... SHEESH! :(

thejamppa

Post by thejamppa » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:36 am

jaldridge6 wrote:Come on, you can't just throw us inside your computer without an establishing shot... we gotta see the whole case first... SHEESH! :(
I thought that, but my SLK3000B is pretty beat up. I may have somewhere some older photo's of the chassis but the place I keep its a mess and sides have some paint damage, which leads me in another project: Painting sides and front bezel with new coats of pain, something smei-gloss / matte black.

Besides, didn't nobody taught you: Its not the outside, but the inside what counts? ;)

ayjay

Post by ayjay » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:35 am

Screw that! Show us yer bod! :lol:
Looks good. Like the muffler. That and the fan controller which I have too showing we're both a classier form of cheapskate! It's the cheapest one I could find.

thejamppa

Post by thejamppa » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:09 am

Edit: Here's better picture but its still crappy. This is one reason I don't like to take pictures of my case but due demand here it is.

falcon26

Post by falcon26 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:59 am

Nice setup man. That ninja looks right at home in your system. Cable management is good too, nice looking case :-)