Apevia HTPC Case

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

qstoffe

Apevia HTPC Case

Post by qstoffe » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:20 am

Some pictures of my friend Emil's HTPC case.

Spec:
CPU: E6600 @ Stock - Stockcooler
GFX: 8800GTS @ Stock - Stockcooler
PSU: Corsair 520W
1xSeagate.10 320GB - Suspended
Case fan: 1xNexus 120mm @ 7V

Even though he is using a Seagate.10 I think it's really quiet for a HTPC this powerful, at least after we tied up the Seagate drive on foam
:P. CPU & GFX cooler stay very quiet @ idle. After reading some posts here he decided to invert the Nexus case fan to an intake fan instead of using it as an exhaust fan. People have reported to get overall better temps with this case by doing so.

Overall he is happy with the build: small in size, silent and powerful.

Kato

Post by Kato » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:13 pm

Pretty sweet htpc, you could game on this. But i don t think this is quiet , you have sock coolers on power hungry components in thin aluminum box.

qstoffe

Post by qstoffe » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Kato wrote:Pretty sweet htpc, you could game on this. But i don t think this is quiet , you have sock coolers on power hungry components in thin aluminum box.
During load it is pretty silent to a normal person (compared to an average case) but not to an experienced spcr user.

The 8800GTS card is actually much more quite than most performance gfx cards. And the reversed intake fan helps with CPU cooling.

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:23 pm

my sister got that case, overall its pretty good, but i don't like the motherboard backplate, very poor quality.

i'm surprised an 8800 fit in there actually, its quite roomy, but i didn't think it was that roomy.

i'm surprised to not seen an optical drive...are all his movies/music streaming to it if its a HTPC?

very similar to my friends computer, althought he has a 7900GT not an 8800.

qstoffe

Post by qstoffe » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:25 pm

bonestonne wrote:my sister got that case, overall its pretty good, but i don't like the motherboard backplate, very poor quality.
Yes we noticed the "fragile" backplate quality during assembly too.
bonestonne wrote:...i'm surprised an 8800 fit in there actually, its quite roomy, but i didn't think it was that roomy.
No problem with an 8800GTS. The GTX or Ultra version would probably be too big though.
bonestonne wrote:i'm surprised to not seen an optical drive...are all his movies/music streaming to it if its a HTPC?
He's using an external USB-DVD for that.