is Antec solo big enuff?

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

rusjkit

is Antec solo big enuff?

Post by rusjkit » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:59 am

I am wondering if this case will be roomy enough for an i7 build including the Noctua nh-up12 cooler . I will be using a passively cooled 9600 GPu and all the usual things inside. I am concerned that the case might not have enough airflow for this system. Any help appreciated

bozar

Post by bozar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 am

Solo has plenty of airflow, by adding a front fan you make sure the gpu has enough. Solo isn't the biggest of cases but it shouldn't have any problems with the cpu-cooler, only really long videocards.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Welcome to SPCR!

The Solo is among the best for low restriction air flow. The look of the front bezel is deceptive -- the intakes are on the sides of the front bezel, which is good for reduced sound. The venerable Evercase 4252 is the first case to do this, and the Solo inherits this excellent design.

The Solo has very good wire management and it is fairly wide, so unless the video card is unusually long, you should be fine.

rusjkit

is Antec Solo big enuff

Post by rusjkit » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks very much for replies. It has put my mind at rest, I really want this case
Cheers

HappyJack96

Post by HappyJack96 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:54 am

rusjkit wrote:I really want this case
So did I :)
Any pictures you've seen of this case DON'T do it justice!
If, or when you get one, you'll see! I'd keep mine, but have decided to miniaturize 8)

Russell