My Quiet Computer

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

expxe

My Quiet Computer

Post by expxe » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Here is my set up.

There are two fans. The stock CPU fan and the PSU fan are running at 5v (using wire adapters, nice and cheap. I don't need to pay for a fan controller, a waste of money).

The 3.5" HDD is a WD 1.5TB Green, runs cool so it doesn't need a fan. Sits on some left over packaging foam. Dampens the vibrations.

The 2.5" OCZ SDD is lying on some cardboard at the bottom of the case. I don't have an adapter to fit the drive into one of the drive bays.

I don't care about the tangle of wires. It doesn't affect temperatures. With the case closed no one needs to worry about such trivial things like cable management. Time could be better spent on other things.

Overall, the whole system runs cool and quiet.

spartan117

Post by spartan117 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 pm

What cpu are you running? looks like integrated graphics as well?

Try replacing your stock cooler, for something a bit beefier for better temps and noise :)

Also cable management is very important if you care about airflow / turbulence inside your case :)

expxe

Post by expxe » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:34 pm

spartan117 wrote:What cpu are you running? looks like integrated graphics as well?

Try replacing your stock cooler, for something a bit beefier for better temps and noise :)

Also cable management is very important if you care about airflow / turbulence inside your case :)

I am running an undervolted AMD Athlon II X3 425. Yes, integrated ATI HD 3200. I will be getting another video soon so I can use SurroundView and run three LCDs. The video card will be passively cooled so it will be silent.

I am using the stock cooler, the fan is running at 5v, the temperature is good and the fan is very quiet, almost silent.

The temperatures inside the case are good. The cables don't have an effect on the noise; there are only 2 fans running at 5v inside the whole case.

colm

Post by colm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:04 am

I am the same with cables. I found all bunched up gains a problem. needing a specific flow isn't all that difficult, just move the clump of wires..

good attitude to have with the wires. heatshrink wrap every strand and it will still bleed, just let the buggers get some room. the 12v is a monster. :roll:

expxe

Post by expxe » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:35 pm

I just picked up a ATI HD 4350 video card. I forgot to snap a photo before I closed the case up. So just imagine this video card in the PCIe slot of the picture above.