they are suspended! :D

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

boardsportsrule

they are suspended! :D

Post by boardsportsrule » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:03 pm

look at post below..i did it :D
Last edited by boardsportsrule on Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pjotor
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Pjotor » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:47 pm

Don't want to spoil the fun -- but as long as the computer contains moving parts, it's never gonna be "silent". However, though, you can easily make it quiet enough.

You'll probably find a bunch of nice suggestions below this message soon. At least, that's what I usually get :)

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:20 am

Did you see the sticky at the top of the Storage Forum? Personally I swear by "Aphonos bungee" mount system and would figure it will extend to 3 drives fine (but you probably need to drill out the Lian Li rack?) Alternatively "Ralf's sorbothane" if you cant (/dont want to) remove the drive cage?

boardsportsrule

Post by boardsportsrule » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:28 am

yeah, i saw the sticky thats where i got the idea of webbing it in the case...but the apodians(i know the spelling it totally wrong) looks quiet nice :) one problem i see is that the drive bay covers are hooked into where the floppy drive is(where i would have to take out..) so that would be hard to get those things to stay in.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/modules.p ... d=8&page=1
is what i would like to do...i see kind of how he did it

you got the box, then 2 bands in front, 2 in back then twisted and put the hdd's inbetween... if some one has a link with a little more deatil, that woudl be nice... i think that method woudl be the best for my under teh circumstances... one thing.. could i have 2 right next to eachother(horozontally) so i could potentially fit 4? or would that cause problems

boardsportsrule

Post by boardsportsrule » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:11 pm

well, me being the adventerous type just went to the store, bought 8 bunge cors( the kinds with hooks on the end...but skinner then normal) and i did it! im busy now, but ill post some pic's later.. a little crooked, but it's my first suspension attempt so i am VERY pleased with it!!!

boardsportsrule

Post by boardsportsrule » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:29 pm

not the best picute, but did it while the computer was running...makes noise much quieter and wheni shake my pc i am not afreaid of killing the hdd's! :)