Where did you get your p180 from?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Hellspawn

Where did you get your p180 from?

Post by Hellspawn » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:18 am

Where did you get your p180 from? I would have thought by now the locals, Best Buy, Fry's, Circuit City and Compusa would have them, but they have no idea.. I'd like to buy locally so I can see it and all before picking one up (also to make sure it's not damaged in transit). But no luck.. Even if I decided to go mail order, everyone seems out of them.

Where did yours come from?

thanks

suchageek
Friend of SPCR

Post by suchageek » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:03 am

I tried all of my local stores first too. I read on another list that at the California Fry's they are trickling in. They just showed up on outpost.com too. The price is $160+tax. CompUSA has them listed in their database so when Antec has more, they will be carrying them as well.

I could not find any in stock at techonweb, tankguys, blt, etc. I did find that Central Computer carries them. Their business focus seems to be their 3 retail stores in the San Francisco Bay Area and they don't show up on a Froogle search. When I lived there, I shopped there quite a bit for higher end items Fry's didn't carry. On Thursday, they had 6 in stock at their Newark store. When I called to see if they had any in stock I ended up completing my order over the phone and received my tracking number 15 minutes later. I paid $139 + $18.75 ground shipping to Phoenix for a total of $157. Not having to wait and a smooth transcation made it worth every penny. I didn't get the best deal, but another Froogle search shows the prices are going up and no one seems to have them right now anyway. I had to hold off until I got my bonus money last week. :cry: It'll be here tomorrow!

You didn't mention where you live so I don't know if your Fry's has them, but they just might have them now. They are so selling so fast, I wouldn't count on a display model yet.

Hope this helps.

http://heh.pl/&CO http://heh.pl/&CP

amplemind

Post by amplemind » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:35 am

techonweb.com

106$+21$shipping

no damage

limejuice

Post by limejuice » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:38 am

I just bought a P180 for $159.99 + tax at Fry's Electronics in Sunnyvale.
I also saw that newegg.com had them for $150 + shipping (+tax for CA).

suchageek
Friend of SPCR

Post by suchageek » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:43 am

amplemind wrote:techonweb.com

106$+21$shipping

no damage
The orginal poster said, "Even if I decided to go mail order, everyone seems out of them". :) techonweb is now $124 and out of stock.

Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:36 am

I"m in Southern Illinois -- unfortunately the nearest Fry's is in Downer's Grove, a suburb of Chicago. Only 6 hours away. I was hoping to find a CC or CUSA with it, I've had a couple of cases over the years beaten up by Fedex and UPS.. Thus why I was hoping to go local, the only mail order places I've really dealt with are Newegg, Zipzoomfly (when it was Googlegear), and DIrectron (ugh, what a fiasco). I'll check around a couple of more on-the-web-places, since the locals might be a while.

Thank you for the tips on Frys and all, I'll keep an eye on the techonweb, thanks!

Ryan45

Post by Ryan45 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:20 pm

amplemind wrote:techonweb.com

106$+21$shipping

no damage
Same. I love my p180.

Freelancer77

Post by Freelancer77 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Techonweb's price at this moment is $124.30 + shipping, so it's gone up, and they're out.

Zipzoomfly has them in stock at $139.99. The shipping to me was $11.15 2nd day air, and since we're both in CA tax was added. But I bought mine the first day they were available, and zipzoomfly was the only source for about a week.

IonYz

Post by IonYz » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:29 am

Purchased the Black SPCR edition from EndPCNoise.com, still waiting.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:57 pm

Have the told you if it's shipped yet? They say it's in stock, but my order still says Pending on the website...

preti9cboi

Post by preti9cboi » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:33 pm

how much is it at endnoisepc.com with shipping

IonYz

Post by IonYz » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:11 pm

Shadowknight wrote:Have the told you if it's shipped yet? They say it's in stock, but my order still says Pending on the website...
Emailed them about when they'd charge my card. They said they would charge it in a few days and get their shipment in on friday. That way last week. Sure enough they charged it but yeah, everything on my order says pending. Maybe they won't have enough stock to fill all the pre-orders? Yippie. :?
preti9cboi wrote:how much is it at endnoisepc.com with shipping
Its $170 USD with free shipping because I bought a few other things too and bumped the order to $200. Anything $199 or higher is shipped free.

Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:46 pm

IonYz wrote:Purchased the Black SPCR edition from EndPCNoise.com, still waiting.
that's interesting, I traded emails with a fellow there at that site just this afternoon (7/19) and he told me they had 'lots and lots' of them in stock. hmm.

IonYz

Post by IonYz » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:19 pm

Order Date: Jul 11, 2005. Everything still listed as pending. Well I won't have a complete system until August or September. I can wait. :roll:

Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:34 pm

IonYz wrote:Order Date: Jul 11, 2005. Everything still listed as pending. Well I won't have a complete system until August or September. I can wait. :roll:
damn I hate being lied to by a vendor -- they told me they had 'lots and lots' of them. Glad I didn't place the order yet. Hey MikeC, any thoughts on what the truth is on the black version with these guys?

Medicated

Post by Medicated » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:27 am

Do not buy from UpgradeSource.com!

I used the PriceGrabber link from the P180 review and chose UpgradeSource.com because they had the lowest price ($129 w/free shipping). Bad decision. I ordered the item on June 30 and it still hasn't arrived. The website said it was in stock when I placed the order, but when I inquired about the item never being sent to FedEx, their reply was that it was a shipping error. Then their next excuse was that it was out of stock and would be in stock July 11. Now they are saying July 21. I'm pretty sure they are a scam: Advertising low prices to get customers on their website, then never shipping the "sale item".

Oh well...looks like I will just get a black one from EndPCNoise.com instead. :D

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:10 pm

Good news, my order from Endpcnoise finally shipped!

Bad news is that since they're on the other side of the country, it'll take a week to get here.... :(

Freelancer77

Post by Freelancer77 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:28 pm

Medicated wrote:Do not buy from UpgradeSource.com!

I used the PriceGrabber link from the P180 review and chose UpgradeSource.com because they had the lowest price ($129 w/free shipping). Bad decision. I ordered the item on June 30 and it still hasn't arrived. The website said it was in stock when I placed the order, but when I inquired about the item never being sent to FedEx, their reply was that it was a shipping error. Then their next excuse was that it was out of stock and would be in stock July 11. Now they are saying July 21. I'm pretty sure they are a scam: Advertising low prices to get customers on their website, then never shipping the "sale item".

Oh well...looks like I will just get a black one from EndPCNoise.com instead. :D
Thank you for the heads up. Be sure that I'll pass the word to avoid them. What sites like that do is probably not exactly what you suggest above. They will ship your case, as soon as they get it. They advertise "in stock", but carry no inventory. Then when an order comes in, they in turn order the item (maybe 5 or 10 to get a volume wholesale discount), and ship your oder whenever their's shows up. Maybe. A perfect example of this is A2Z Computing. NEVER order from them, even when they show the lowest price for an item. A2Z has terrible stats on the rating sites.

Their business plan is based on having no overhead costs for warehousing products, so any price difference they can get is pure profit.

The moral of the story is to check a company's status with Bizrate or some other system, and if they aren't rated, they aren't known.

Then again, yours could have been a random order that dropped through the cracks, nobody's perfect. Hope you get your gear soon.

IonYz

Post by IonYz » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:50 pm

Shadowknight wrote:Good news, my order from Endpcnoise finally shipped!

Bad news is that since they're on the other side of the country, it'll take a week to get here.... :(
Congrats on it shipping, I'm not completely on the otherside of the country but I'm still awaiting. All items are pending.

IonYz

Post by IonYz » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:53 pm

Mine came today. A reply email from endpcnoise said there was a snafu on the order tracking page. They gave me the track number and it was already on the truck waiting to be delivered.

Its very large. Shipped in a silver Antec P180 box, and inside that... another beige box with the SPCR Black P180 and other things I ordered. Once you have the case itself outside it doesn't feel as large or heavy. One of the feet came off while I was posing it for photos but it was 28c today and I just pushed it back on. Just a few light scuff marks on the top plastic and the top and bottom front door hing has black paint scrapped off showing bare metal. Otherwise its here in once piece. :D

Andreos

Post by Andreos » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:17 pm

I got mine from tankguys.com, they have 'em in stock:

http://www.tankguys.com/antec-p180-case-p-1091.html

NanPatterson

Post by NanPatterson » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:13 am

www.provantage.com

About $140 w/ shipping. Ordered on the 20th and delivered on the 26th.

silence

Post by silence » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:01 am

Newegg.com for $167.98 shipped to 01603, which is the opposite side of the country (central MA). I bought this through the PriceGrabber.com plugin in the P180 review the day it was posted to the website, thereby contributing to the site's upkeep (I hope). Unfortunately I wasn't home when it came, but the FedEx driver followed the instructions on the note I left and placed it inconspicuously on my deck with the recycling bin over it and the smaller package containing some extension cables. Even though I paid a little more than what some other sites are charging, I have NEVER had a problem with Newegg and will continue to spend my money there.

-DG-