Silverstone releases interesting products

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

Silverstone releases interesting products

Post by acaurora » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:48 pm

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-lc18.htm <-- FINALLY, they make a case with 80mm fans! God I want to try one of these babies out...

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-pp02.htm <-- I'm sure that some of us already have something like this...although it goes against thermodynamics in which heatrises.

Freelancer77

Post by Freelancer77 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:38 am

The first link there is an interesting case, looks like a good choice for a media center, as long as you don't install hot-running components. High marks for appearance and that touch-screen. Love em or not, Silverstone keeps pumping out interesting ideas.
I'm sure that some of us already have something like this...although it goes against thermodynamics in which heatrises.
Given the forced airflow out of a PSU that isn't an issue. It takes very little for the warmer air leaving a computer case to be dissipated to ambient, so long before the down-drafted exhaust from that shroud could rise back up against its source it would not matter. Besides, if you're running a P180 with the PSU inverted, then it's blowing upwards. :wink:
Either way, unless it's under $15 I'd say save your pennies toward a quieter and more efficient PSU if you think you need that shroud to improve your noise situation.

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:47 am

The LC18 looks VERY interesting. I like the fact, that the PSU is located at the "bottom" of the motherboard and that there are two case fans to exhaust the CPU heat, instead of it going through the PSU. Also the use of grommets etc is nice.

I think Sharkoon sames the same case with their own name.

metalac

Post by metalac » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:38 am

I'm just in the process of building something that looks like that case. Except mine will be a bit smaller and the screen will not be touch-screen, but instead standard VGA.

Will post pics when i'm done :)

Tiamat

Post by Tiamat » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:09 am

sweet, i have been looking for a case like this for a long long time!!

BrianE

Re: Silverstone releases interesting products

Post by BrianE » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:50 am

acaurora wrote: http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-pp02.htm <-- I'm sure that some of us already have something like this...although it goes against thermodynamics in which heatrises.
See also separate thread: http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=23958

sundevil_1997

Post by sundevil_1997 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:58 am

Tiamat wrote:sweet, i have been looking for a case like this for a long long time!!
I'm still looking. :?

I'm glad Silverstone is finally coming out with something different. They dominate the HTPC case market. I just still haven't seen anything that I like. I hate the huge, broad, flat pieces of aluminum that adorn most front panels of HTPC's. This one is tempting in every regard except the touch screen....that drives the price way up to more than all the other HTPC components combined.

All I REALLY want is a nice looking case with a 20X4 VFD/LCD screen. But there just aren't any. At all. Anywhere. For some reason, all the HTPC designs available here in the US only go to 2 X 16, or at most 2 X 19. Grrr. Oh well....nicest thing is that I don't need a new case to actually use my HTPC...just to show it.

By the way, I'm not sure what this case has that meets your needs, but if it's the touch screen, you might want to also check out the UNeed x15e and anything from A-tech fabrication.

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:35 pm

Silverstone recently added the LC17 and LC16M models to their site, both with the same 2x80mm exhaust and power supply at the "bottom" of the motherboard.

I'm considering the silver LC17, myself...

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:00 pm

After six months of consideration I got myself the LC03. Then after a few months after assembling the system we get these babies out. I guess it's like that always... :cry: