Scratched P180 Panel

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

MikeMcr

Scratched P180 Panel

Post by MikeMcr » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:01 am

Just received my silver P180 only to find the left side panel is badly scratched :x

I have e-mailed Antec in the hope they will replace just the side panel without having to RMA the entire case.

Edit: On closer inspection, the right side panel also has marks on it; some of the silver appears to be stripped away at the top, possibly by sticky tape? I am not impressed by Antec's quality control.

liquid_celica

Re: Scratched P180 Panel

Post by liquid_celica » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:08 am

MikeMcr wrote:Just received my silver P180 only to find the left side panel is badly scratched :x

I have e-mailed Antec in the hope they will replace just the side panel without having to RMA the entire case.

Edit: On closer inspection, the right side panel also has marks on it; some of the silver appears to be stripped away at the top, possibly by sticky tape? I am not impressed by Antec's quality control.
Return to the vendor.

Did you buy any shipping insurance with it? This definitely is something that shipping insurance will cover.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:39 am

You'll have to return it. My cats attacked my case and lost several screws, plus I broke the fan bracket in the PSU chamber. They said they currently don't have any parts since the P180 is a new case and it's made in Taiwan. They told me to check back in 6 weeks.

Maybe ask the vendor if you can just exchange the side panel. All they have to do on their end is open a box and send the part. All you have to do is ship back the side panel. It'll be cheaper shipping 10 pounds? Than 40.