Antec Take 4 - 4unit studio rack mount case

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

funkindown

Antec Take 4 - 4unit studio rack mount case

Post by funkindown » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:37 pm

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with the Antec Take 4 rack mount case? It seems like what Im looking for, as my PC sits in a dampened rack enclosure, with an open rear. I will soon be making some damping boards to go behind the back of the rack to make it a bit more quiet (yet still open). Current PC is AMD3500+ and fanless Matrox dual head video card and ASUS A8V Deluxe in a SLK3700BQE. Which case would be quieter? I want to be able to run my recording mics in the same room if possible, so absolute silence would be great.

Any chance of a review???

thanks

Andrew

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:30 pm

funny you should ask... I'm told a sample this way comes. :wink:

funkindown

Post by funkindown » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:07 pm

Sweet. Do you think you would be able to describe the noise from different sides of the case ie how much and what type of noise from the front, back, sides etc?? And how much noise is power fan only. Would you be able to do a nexus fan swap out for comparison? My system currently uses 12cm nexus on an XP120 and the rear (and Ill somehow find a 92mm nexus if need be). Last but not least, will you be mounting it in a rack case for the tests (open rear, closed front door and vice versa)??
Thanks a heap
Andrew

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:34 pm

funkindown wrote:Sweet.
1) Do you think you would be able to describe the noise from different sides of the case ie how much and what type of noise from the front, back, sides etc??
2)And how much noise is power fan only.
3) Would you be able to do a nexus fan swap out for comparison? My system currently uses 12cm nexus on an XP120 and the rear (and Ill somehow find a 92mm nexus if need be).
4)Last but not least, will you be mounting it in a rack case for the tests (open rear, closed front door and vice versa)??
Thanks a heap
Andrew
1) If it's relevant. You'd be surprised how much it all sounds the same in every case -- except from the side where the fan is exposed.
2) Probably.
3) Maybe.
4) Nope. No rack.

Tom Brown

Post by Tom Brown » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:10 pm

funkindown,

I currently run a Venice core A64 at 1.8 GHz/1.1 volts/X120 and it runs just fine with no fan at all. If your A8V can undervolt, I encourage you to try it.

I'm currently running a two fan system. There is a Panaflo 80L in my powersupply that features a temperature controlled voltage ramp (Antec TruPower 380s) and a Nexus 120 as the main case fan. My temps are outstanding.

funkindown

Post by funkindown » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:11 pm

Hey Tom

Sounds great, but Im not so keen on no CPU fan, as Im in Australia, and the temps can get to 45c. In winter its not so bad, as the CPU won't get to 30 (I think the studio doesn't get much above 15 though....). I was thinking of making a duct to make the CPU fan also do the case exhaust. Think Ill see how the review of the rack case goes first.

vapb400

Post by vapb400 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:56 am

Ahh very nice, I am looking for some rack cases for our server room. This might be just the thing.

funkindown

Antec Take 4

Post by funkindown » Wed May 05, 2010 4:07 pm

So - did anyone actually put their hands on this case? After time without using computer in my studio, I'm changing it about, so looking at the Antec Take 4 once again. I cant see any review on the site....

Not even sure what the PSU is in it or if it can be swapped if needed - there is not even a spec sheet or manual available on the Antec site.

Regards
Andrew

P.S. while I'm at it - why is it that every time I go to antec.com - I need to pick a country other than Australia??

funkindown

Antec Take 4

Post by funkindown » Wed May 05, 2010 4:08 pm

So - did anyone actually put their hands on this case? After time without using computer in my studio, I'm changing it about, so looking at the Antec Take 4 once again. I cant see any review on the site....

Not even sure what the PSU is in it or if it can be swapped if needed - there is not even a spec sheet or manual available on the Antec site.

Regards
Andrew

P.S. while I'm at it - why is it that every time I go to antec.com - I need to pick a country other than Australia??

BlackWhizz

Re: Antec Take 4

Post by BlackWhizz » Sun May 09, 2010 1:22 am

funkindown wrote:So - did anyone actually put their hands on this case? After time without using computer in my studio, I'm changing it about, so looking at the Antec Take 4 once again. I cant see any review on the site....

Regards
Andrew

Well, try the US part of the site. In US most antec products are available.