Is your P150 HDD suspension rubber band OK?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Is your P150 HDD suspension rubber band OK?

Yes, it's fine.
53%
No, it snapped!
47%

Total votes: 62

nutball
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by nutball » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:00 am

Yes I'd like to change my vote to "my my, what is my Samsung doing to my Raptor? That looks like mating going on! Son, cover your eyes, you're only 18 you're not old enough to witness that sort of behaviour!".

blakelyb

All my rubber bands broke, Antec did not reply to my report

Post by blakelyb » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:37 am

I got my P150 case about August 2006. When I looked inside about Dec. 2006 all 6 rubber bands were broke and my 3 HDs all fell.

I wrote to Antec service thru their web site and never got any reply at all. I did not persue it further because I do not trust any replacement of the same thing, and I like being able to fit 4 hard drives instead of just 3.

Clearly a defective design, and if Antec is not more aggressive about notifying people, they may become liable, regardless of written disclaimers, especially in states like California with an implied warranty of merchantbility, that supercedes a companies disclaimer. Of course you would have to have hard drive or data damage.

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: All my rubber bands broke, Antec did not reply to my rep

Post by JVM » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:43 am

blakelyb wrote:I got my P150 case about August 2006. When I looked inside about Dec. 2006 all 6 rubber bands were broke and my 3 HDs all fell.

I wrote to Antec service thru their web site and never got any reply at all. I did not persue it further because I do not trust any replacement of the same thing, and I like being able to fit 4 hard drives instead of just 3.

Clearly a defective design, and if Antec is not more aggressive about notifying people, they may become liable, regardless of written disclaimers, especially in states like California with an implied warranty of merchantbility, that supercedes a companies disclaimer. Of course you would have to have hard drive or data damage.
Antec has replacement bands that are quite different than the original. I suggest you call if possible and get the replacements. If you are outside the USA, send them another e-mail to support and explain the situation.

Kremmit

Post by Kremmit » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:06 pm

I just bought a p150 from Frys.com, and it came with the old-style rubberbands. On a tip from another SPCR forum poster, I went to http://www.antec.com/newticket.html and asked for the new-style ones. They arrived about 4 days later, no hassle, no charge. Thanks, Antec!

hravn

Post by hravn » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 pm

Yeah, just found my three HDs on the bottom of the case ;) Probably should have checked the rubber bands earlier, especially after reading all the horror stories. But at least no data loss...

Shusher

Post by Shusher » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:17 am

Can someone post a old-bands vs. new-bands photo to illustrate the difference? I just got a Solo and I'm not sure if what I have is the new or old style bands. I want to be proactive and order a set of the new type if I have the old, so knowing would help :D

nondescript

Post by nondescript » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:01 am

I've got a p150 case, and it came with the old rubber rings. I called Antec, they picked up the phone within 3 rings, I asked them for a set of the fabric rings, which they mailed to be by USPS, free of charge, within 3 days.

The old rings look like big rubber O-rings.

The new rings are like bungee cords, with a clasp for adjustable length.

Shusher

Post by Shusher » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:14 am

Okay, I'm sure now that I have the revisioned version.

For future readers, here's a visual comparison:

OLD:

NEW:

Jodiuh

Post by Jodiuh » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 pm

The noise from my Stacker's 4in1 bay and 2 raptors have finally driven me to mod it. At first I thought about drilling some holes and using the mesh sleeve one would put on a naked PSU cable. Then I went to Fry's and noticed the P150's new cord (my bro has the old version). He then deviously devised a solution for my drive's decibel dilemma...motorcycle tube. :D

Jods_Groupie

Post by Jods_Groupie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:31 pm

Alright cool, motorcycle tubes!

*cheers teh Jod*

whoda thoughtodat??

incidentally, just found my motorcycle torn up in pieces... that's weird...