RFC on Sonata II w/ SP2-450

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Hellspawn

RFC on Sonata II w/ SP2-450

Post by Hellspawn » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Quick feeler check here, I"m about done with the p150/neo430 combo (bought a 2nd p5ld2 asus and it ain't booting)..

So, how is the Sonata II w/ the stock SP2 450 psu? Am I going to run screaming from the house when it boots? I'm not concerned about the parts I have now, they are nice and inaudible to me, so I'm needing to know about the case acoustics and psu combo..

thanks!

dddibley

Post by dddibley » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:22 pm

If it's a PSU issue, I'd say just replace it. P150 would be quieter (and cooler) than the Sonata II by design. Most of my components are fairly loud which puts the SP-450 pretty low on the list, by my standards. It's on the SPCR recommended list too.

Power Supply Fundamentals & Recommendations

ddd

Trunks

Post by Trunks » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:47 am

My experience with the SP2 450 was that it is louder when it first powered up than right after. I don’t think the starting loud and then “hushing” was bother some. I did not notice the power supply fan or the rear fan when plugged into the power supply to be very loud. I have noticed that my optical drive when in the lowest bay is much louder than in the top bay. This may stop you from making a duct from the front to the rear.
My warning to you is that the Sonata at “high exhaust” brings in a lot of dust in the areas around the door and the space inside the bezel.